Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hate some monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hate some monsters

Last night i end up getting really F'd in mult ways in the necropolis, which lead to death. I lagged out quite abit which didn't help anything but i have a slight problem with one thing, which is simply when you go through an area with mult pc's trying kill you and you leave... for a good 20 or so mins and come back, you find their still standing right there.... with weapons drawn and spells ready... saying "Oh there he is!".

I got pwned simply because i went to hit the button to bring up my list (Character, invo, commands, ect) and i end up hitting the Rest button. So two wraths started kicking my butt and i left to find the horde of loving zombies standing there, half blocking the stairs and all waving. "Hey tim, you waiting for the new guy" ... "Ya bob, he should.... OMG elf... act normal..." .... "BRAINS!!!"

Is there any way in the system you could get them to wonder around slowly, posible back close to where they would normaly be routed when they pop up?
    Currents:
    Nothing yet.

Forgottens, as time has slip, so have they.
    Varnz Fury - Born again Druid
    Luke Harper - Seadog of the Sea.

"Pop up?" Is that a natural, IC term? Why would monsters pop up, and why would they wander back to this location?

Keep in mind, we know as PLAYERS that there are encounter triggers. IC, we don't know that. Monsters who give chase would not instinctively go back to any "spawn point" because IC it doesn't exist.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

Having trouble understanding what went on, but I'm guessing you tried to rest when inside the Necropolis, then got attacked by spawns? Tried to retreat, but then you were waylaid by zombies?

Necropolis is tough stuff.
      "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
      Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Getting Spawns to Move back to initial spawn point is possible, but here's the problem.

You would need a waypoint for each encounter, and you would need to make the creatures for that encounter unique, aka unique tags. So instead of a toolset with a couple hundred custom creatures in it in it, you'd have a toolset with a couple thousand custom creatures in it, making it near impossible to load, making the DM Creator worthless, and raising the lag level exponentially.

But to answer your question, yes it is possible. We have a single creature in the module that makes use of this. The Arianus will retreat back up the hill if all the PCs leave sight, so that he's got good location when they come back.

Comment

Yes, was inside the ruins and had to leave because of two wraths. Sense i was force outside, there were probly a good 6-8 zombies staring at me on the stair case. Sadly i didn't live long enough to see the gate, or the bottom of the stairs for that matter.
          As far the "Monster's wouldn't go back to their spawn point because it doesn't exist" I doubt they would stand around 10-20 mins huddle around a door frame going "Hey, when is he coming back?"
          Currents:
          Nothing yet.

Comment

PS: Cant seem to come back from the 'Forest of the dead' , ehh.... why?
            Currents:
            Nothing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post

But to answer your question, yes it is possible. We have a single creature in the module that makes use of this. The Arianus will retreat back up the hill if all the PCs leave sight, so that he's got good location when they come back.
              The what?

The who?

And why haven't I killed it yet?
              Yup, I put a signature in..

Comment

I Hope someone tells Landaran In Game where Arianus is, so that Neradnel in Neradnel's overinflated ego go there.
                Ought to be funny hearing him scream from the Forest of Eternal Night "I wasn't ready!"

LOL

Comment

PS: Cant seem to come back from the 'Forest of the dead' , ehh.... why?
                  Your character level is 12? Perm dead without a signus?

Ah varnz.. I knew him well.

*Tosses a rose on the grave.*

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRose52 View Post
                    Yes, was inside the ruins and had to leave because of two wraths. Sense i was force outside, there were probly a good 6-8 zombies staring at me on the stair case. Sadly i didn't live long enough to see the gate, or the bottom of the stairs for that matter.
                    As far the "Monster's wouldn't go back to their spawn point because it doesn't exist" I doubt they would stand around 10-20 mins huddle around a door frame going "Hey, when is he coming back?"
                    No, they would follow you inside the necropolis, but the game doesn't allow spawns to follow you through area transitions. Beside which, if you disappeared from the middle of a group of zombies, this is exactly what they would do because they're mindless drones concerned only with finding meat to eat.
                    Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthr...3924#post63924

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRose52 View Post

You're right--they would chase you THROUGH the door. The fact that they don't is an OOC advantage that we as players use.
                        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                        -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
                          I Hope someone tells Landaran In Game where Arianus is, so that Neradnel in Neradnel's overinflated ego go there.
                          Ought to be funny hearing him scream from the Forest of Eternal Night "I wasn't ready!"

LOL
                          Oh sean you know I do it for the lulz
                          Yup, I put a signature in..

Comment

Guess it a learning thing, the RP it now leading into i cant say wont be interesting... Now i understand the use of invis potions and i will be taking advantage of them ^.^
                            Currents:
                            Nothing yet.

Comment

Yea, they're not intelligent, they don't get bored, if you run off they'll just wait around till their next snack comes. Or in the case of goblins and such why wouldn't they go "He went up that way. let's ambush him on his way back."
                              Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
                              Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
                              "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
                              -General George S. Patton

Comment

Working...
                              X