Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about DR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DR's

Hope I'm posting this to the right place because I'm not neccesarily reporting anything but more like asking about a specific matter of which I didn't find any external topic:

Does physical damage reduction and -resistances work as item property in Sundren?

I know that in unhakked NWN2 they are still both completely malfunctional but I've seen quite a few DR items and a single damage resistance item as well in the Sundren shops.

So mainly the thing I want to ask is if the team have fixed this Obsidian bug somehow or should I ignore all resistance/reduction items that prevent physical harm and not waste my gold on them?

Thanks in advance

Cer'wyïl Durothil - Mix-breed noble elf
    Tredonael - The shapeshifter
    Glagnur Frostfury - The arctic dwarf barbarian
    Calewyn Gil'Fang - Wood elven archer
    Jaegor Ursablad - The wychlaran knight from Rashemen

Funny, I was just chatting with S-Bomb about this.

I think the answer lies in how the property is added. The Damage Resistance property (5 resistance for fire, for example) works fine, I think. Damage Reduction applied in the property line item works fine if you give it a vulnerability (i.e.--2DR / adamantine). I think it breaks if you do not give a vulnerability, or, if you add the Damage Reduction property from the Item Property window where you add the Enchantment and other item props.

S Bomb is the expert, and I'm sure he'll weigh in some time today.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

Judging by your post I take it that these properties have not been modified either in Sundren...

The damage resistance towards elemental, magical etc damage is indeed completely functional normally too, but physical damage does not alone work at least in regular non-modded manner, it has never done so for some reason and Obsidian hasn't been fixing it.

The thing is that there are at least several outfits that have damage reduction without vulnerabilities in the server, along with at least one damage resistance item.
      They're pretty expensive gear too.

If these properties are malfunctional I think the gear should be removed or possibly changed to something that would work (for example adamantine DR, but on the other hand it would be interesting to have stuff like "Devilhide Armor" which would give DR breachable by silver etc).

Comment

Update to the situation

Do -not- purchase the Fletcher's Belt or any other possible damage resistance items you might possibly find from the server, I confirmed it today, the property is broken.

When you receive say, piercing damage from an arrow, the thing indicates that you've "resisted x damage", but in truth it serves for absolutely no other purpose than for show, when you take 2 damage it says "you resisted 2 damage" while you still suffer 2 damage, which is impossible since the belt should resist 5 at all times.

This is exactly as I was told it would work, but I had the outstandingly bad luck to try this with a DM when he rolled -exactly- 5 damage with his bow, just imagine the chances for that

Here's a screenshot to proof my claim:
        http://users.evtek.fi/~mikaelb/NWN/BuggedDamRes.jpg

Comment

*groans, obsidian at its finest*
          There is a way to put DR vs physical attacks on items, but its no where as simple as PL said. It involves coding each and every one of the items into 2 scripts and then placing specific variables on each item. Long drawn out and a brain burster for sure.

Thats all I am going to say about it. I'm refusing to give any opinion, only state facts.

Comment

Do the Immunities work for physical damage?
            "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
            -Bill Maher

Comment

Yes, though I would never use anything higher then 50% cause it has a bug as well.

Unlike most things, damage Immunity stacks. And if you stack over 100% it wraps back. so 105% is actually 5%.

Remember all those problems with immunites Mor'Drokan had PL? It was because of this.

Comment

Good to know with item creation though. Thanks--
                -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post

Unlike most things, damage Immunity stacks. And if you stack over 100% it wraps back. so 105% is actually 5%.

OutFREAKINGstanding!

Comment

Remember this applies only to item related damage immunities, not spell applied damage immunities. Items don't stack with spells, and spells don't wrap.

Comment

What about feats? Will any of that glitchity fun mess with RDD or Stormlord damage immunity? Not that it's going to affect me.
                      I ♣ baby seals.

Comment

Working...
                      X