Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disarm? Has it become unusable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disarm? Has it become unusable?

I could have sworn there was a thread on this before, but a search didn't yield anything.

What is the deal with disarm?

I used it on several enemies including just some pathetic goblins, all of which were immune. I do know that in every server there is some concern about this particular feat (for good reason), but how has it been dealt with in Sundren? If it has been 'diffused', so be it, I will start my character all over again. I am just curious.
    sigpic
    Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Originally posted by Silas North
    I could have sworn there was a thread on this before, but a search didn't yield anything.

What is the deal with disarm?

I used it on several enemies including just some pathetic goblins, all of which were immune. I do know that in every server there is some concern about this particular feat (for good reason), but how has it been dealt with in Sundren? If it has been 'diffused', so be it, I will start my character all over again. I am just curious.
    It works on goblin archers, I've noticed... I think its because they can "Switch" to melee weapons from bows, so they must have an inventory or something.
    ~~~ || Characters: Pythios Wyrmborn || ~~~

Comment

I thought it only worked on PCs...
      I got one leg missin'
      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
      Meet the Feebles

Comment

I know for a fact that it works on PC's, though I have yet to find a single NPC that it applies to, at all. Sean said that there were a few, but they must be hiding in the back.
        Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Damn, PC's only?
          That still keeps it useful, but still no use on NPCs hurts.
          I got some thinking to do.... OW, my head!!
          sigpic
          Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

Rather than us setting up every single creature to individually work with this, we just disable it on most NPCs because we don't want players taking their weapons. It will always work on PCs though.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

In the OC they had it that if you imp disarmed something, most creatures would have their weapon outright destroyed. Could you make it like that, but make sure it doesn't happen when PC's are disarmed?

Comment

I know it works on bandits.
                "Computer Jock striving for the most nerd points"

~Pip Gemini~ Halfling Adventurer

Comment

Umm, I think Improved Disarm is supposed to land the weapon in your inventory.
                  Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

Alright, it worked on some npcs, and yes destroyed their weapons outright. If I remember correctly, only non-enchanted basic weapons are destroyed while anything with a +1 enchantment or higher (or possibly some other form of enchantment) was knocked to the ground.

And yes Kang is right. Improved Disarm puts the weapon into your inventory, though I believe it may follow the same premise as the regular disarm where only enchanted weapons are spared and the rest are destroyed.

I can definitely see why the Sundevs are cautious about this. Even though it takes a 2 feat investment, stealing weapons from npcs could, in time, reap probably a bit more gold than it should. The truth to this is tenfold if you could snag enchanted weapons as well.

For the record, I would NEVER keep a pc's weapon (unless there was some story reason for it, which I cannot really see happening off the top of my head). And may the wrath of the DM's strike me down if I ever do.
                    sigpic

Comment

If I disarmed some daggers, I'd keep them. I'd see it as flicking them out of the opponent's hands and catching them, or it (singular makes more sense). A medium or large weapon, though, shouldn't really be knocked and caught.

Comment

Working...
                      X