Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lonely... I'm Mr. lonely...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonely... I'm Mr. lonely...

Just one question... Where the hell is everyone!? I played Sundren for a few hours last year, but my game and my ISP were not stable enough to enjoy it, but there were several dozen people playing. Now I have the stability to play, I find that there's just no-one around! 2 Days in a row I have now sat around waiting for hours and hours for a group to do something with (Becuse the game's just too damn hard to do ANYTHING on your own) and that's all I've done; wait.

It's extremely frustrating and boring, and it's really putting me off this PW, although all the wonderful things I've heard about this game cannot be untrue. I so desperately want to play and develop a group and get to know people IC. Is it my timezone? I'd have thought in GMT there would be plenty of people to play the game with, but apparently not!

I apologise if this is coming across as a flame at Sundren, it's not, purely a request (after hours of staring at a screen) for some people to play with! When is the best time to come on?
    Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Daytime GMT is usually pretty empty to be honest. I have spent a fair bit of time on my own.

Late night/early morning GMT has many more people.

Edit: Plus yeah that does come across as a bit of a flame. The devs can't control who logs on when and its not a reflection of the quality of the world. Fact is not many people are on at this time.
    Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

This is frustrating as most of my free time is daytime GMT, heh.
      Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

Comment

Originally posted by Urithrand View Post
        This is frustrating as most of my free time is daytime GMT, heh.
        I hear you, me too.
        Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

How about I quit my job so I can come DM for you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Leaving Hope View Post
            I vote in favor of this.
            "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
            Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

I'm GMT, but am still getting trouble at times with NWN2 continously crashing after a minute in and my ISP isn't helping by switching my internet on and off for no reason
              Also got some end of year exams so, yeh, I think I need to start revision soon enough...
              Originally posted by Lollercide
              Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Urithrand
                Is it my timezone? I'd have thought in GMT there would be plenty of people to play the game with, but apparently not!
                Feel free to invite some of your peeps from your time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaving Hope View Post
                  That sounds good.
                  Oh and when I said daytime I really meant afternoon, after work kind of time. If you could be available from about 17:00 GMT onwards then that would be great.

Comment

Definately, a DM would be most welcome. Killing (near-invincible) goblins gets tedious after a while

Comment

Can I quit my job too?

Comment

Sure, it's an unemployment free-for-all!

Comment

Tell your friends to come play if you want more people. Sundren isn't for everyone, it's not intended to be easy, and to let you level up as quick as you can. Most people (at least the majority of the average gaming audience) prefer that. However that's not who we're trying to cater to.
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Oh wasn't moaning by the way, don't mind being on my own, there's plenty to wander round and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                              Tell your friends to come play if you want more people. Sundren isn't for everyone, it's not intended to be easy, and to let you level up as quick as you can. Most people (at least the majority of the average gaming audience) prefer that. However that's not who we're trying to cater to.
                              My intention was not to Criticise the game, so if came across like that, I apologise. I was merely frustrated after dying for the umpteenth time today at the blade or arrow of a goblin

Comment

Working...
                              X