Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Devs regarding portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Devs regarding portraits

Are portraits disabled here? Or... does nobody use em? I have every portrait pack on the vault and a few others from various places.

Any other server I frequent, I see at least one or two portraits... here... I see none

Take Care.
    "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
    Laric Frashul - Healer Priest of Ilmater

I think someone in the community brought this up once before, and some people seemed to be on board with the idea, and no one seemed openly opposed to it. I'de like to see it go in to effect eventually, it just may not be very high on the dev's list of things to do right now.

I'll see if I can find the thread, I don't recall if they made a ruling or not though.

Here we go : Portraits Option Thread
    Akodo
    Rhime - or is he?

Comment

It would be nice to do but maintaining an optional public repository of portraits for Sundren requires time, and bandwidth... consequently money.

Any system not operated by us would be impractical. So there's a few hurdles with doing it, one of which is time. Time doing that could be time spent adding more quests which I'm sure people would rather have.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Im referring to the option added as of patch 1.12 where you just double click on your portrait in your character sheet and you can change your portrait. You just store any portraits you have into your portraits folder. This would require no work from the devs at all. No thread has to be allowed but it would allow those whom do use portraits to see each others.
        "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
        Laric Frashul - Healer Priest of Ilmater

Comment

Oh I'm fully aware of how portraits work, my answer is just to the other thread about this.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

It was me who brought it up: http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthr...stom+portraits

I'd be willing to set up a mini-site on my webspace to host custom portraits - they do have to be on the client rather than the server for people to see them.

People could then just email them to me and I'd upload them. The files needed aren't very large, as the specs are fairly specific (TGA format and 128x128 pixels)

The downside: The url to this site would have my Username in it

(i.e. sundren.verrath.de)

Let me know.
            Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
            Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
            Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
            Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
            Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Working...
            X