Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

website speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website speed

Is now very snappy

Cheers Saulus, all your hard work is very much appreciated.

(btw I did tried to post this is website forum but I didnt have permission).
    Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Yeah I think we've all noticed the difference. The old host would have told me otherwise about the performance but I knew better.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

OhEmGee YES! This service has been WAY better than the last host. I'm really glad you switched it. If you don't mind me asking, how different is this service financially, about the same, more expensive, less expensive? Cause this service is much better, and if switching hosts before was for financial reasons, I'de be disappointed to see this service go.
      Akodo
      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

The old one was GoDaddy right? I think it was free but you had to use the ad banner up top.
        Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
        Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
        Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

No the old one was Servage which I vow never to use again. We're now on hostgator.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Servage eh? Funny they use the same exact banners as godaddy. Must be a shared 3rd party.
            Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
            Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
            Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Wow, after visiting their website, that is a surprisingly affordable service. I've never really looked in to webhosting per se, but I always figured it would be more expensive than that. Not to mention, as good as this service works... *nods*
              Akodo
              Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Yay for speed!

One thing I noticed so far - you get a "page moved" with no automatic redirect when you do a site/forum search... at least I do. And no, I don't have redirects disabled Following the link provided on that page does work though.
                Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
                Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
                Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
                Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
                Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

It's an oustanding issue I haven't had a chance to resolve yet.

George Carlin

Comment

Ahh, very good, thank you.
                    Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Yeah, I have noticed that, but honestly I can verlook that very easily because it's not like it's freezing up or anything like before. I just click it automatically if I see it come up. Even if it was always like that, I've already gotten used to just clicking around it and am starting to fail to notice it.
                      Akodo
                      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Working...
                      X