Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hereby declare...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hereby declare...

I hereby declare that my character can not always win. I will not be a sore loser and RP losing and winning alike with grace.

I solemnly swear that I will not complain when things go bad for my character, but rather take hardship as a challenge to depelop and have my character grow.

I will abide by the consequences my actions bring; if I decide to jump into a dragon's maw, I will not complain when I get chewed on.

I will use common sense in what my character can reasonably do, know, cope with, be unafraid of, be unhurt by. If my character gets hit, he will develop a bruise. My character is not an invincible machine, my character is fallible.

I will keep in mind that I am playing a game. What happens to my character is purely fictional, and I will not take it personally.

I hereby subject my characters to the whims of the DMs to plot with as they please.

( I just felt like posting that - NO rason at all, and no, nothing happened in game to prompt it. )
    Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
    Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
    Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
    Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
    Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

I've dealt with users like this, it usually involves the DM kill command because that's the only way it reaches home.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

What, you mean those who go by those rules or those who don't?
      Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
      Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

So, is that like, the Oath of Sundren or something?
        Characters:
        Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
        Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
        If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Verrath
          NO rason at all, and no, nothing happened in game to prompt it. )
          Sure sure!
          You got eaten by a goblin and you just won't admit it! ^^

teehee...

Comment

Related to this, is a good rule to go by, which I personally use:

When people make an emote that opposes an action of my character, I always let them win, and go along with it, as long as they do not God emote in the process.

Example:

*Grabs Karthus* Will result in a lot of trouble for your character, whereas *Attempts to grab Karthus* will probably conclude with Karthus indeed being grabbed. This isn't to say you get to kill him for free or anything, but I will progress a lot farther when the addition of "attempt" is included, as well as "tries" or "reaches for".

As long as my character is not opposed upon against my will, I'll normally always appreciate and go along with the direction that the other player is going for - I think this is a fair rule of thumb.
            Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

I've seen players get their ass handed to them by an NPC they attacked and then act like they were the tough one and they had won. God-moting like this is an easy ticket to the forest of eternal night.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Claron had a habit of that "getting his ass handed to him"

Anyone that knows me in game prolly remembers how I talked back to a certain Thayan mage, and got my ass handed quite thoroughly back to me.. And got everyone else killed that tried to help me... Not my brightest hour ^^ *Eyes saulus*

Other than that, the "attempts to..." Is always the best to use, as "*grabs* *kicks* *eats* *rips _____ head off* (seen that one done)" is called Power-emoting. Because you really can't act upon it... well.. aside from like... *So isn't!* :P

Comment

*reserves the right to power emote*
                  I got one leg missin'
                  How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                  Meet the Feebles

Comment

When someone puts in something like *grabs ____________* I like to roll a reflex, or another applicable roll. If its high i dont let them, say grab me.

I dont kno wif it's wrong but its what I do.

Comment

Naw, that's all good Venture! People were just making the point that the emote should be *attempts to do X*, unless otherwise agreed, and that some sort of rolls or whatever should be used to resolve what happens.

I was just making the point that as a DM I reserve the right to bypass these formalities when it suits me (which is by no means all the time) . Eg; "The troll grabs you and starts sucking on your head like a lollypop": There is no save against this
                      I got one leg missin'
                      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                      Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
                        I was just making the point that as a DM I reserve the right to bypass these formalities when it suits me (which is by no means all the time) . Eg; "The troll grabs you and starts sucking on your head like a lollypop": There is no save against this

Can I recant my original post? :P
                        Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Originally posted by Verrath View Post
                          Can I recant my original post? :P
                          It wouldn't make any difference >=)
                          I got one leg missin'
                          How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                          Meet the Feebles

Comment

Don't know if it counts as 'losing', but my character fairly often simply feels powerless to do anything about a certain situation, which may result in moments of foolhardiness when she just fails. She also has a hard time understanding that not everyone believes in the same values as she does, which leads to conversations where she just bumps into a wall, so to speak. Or she can unintentionally hurt other people's feelings.

So yeah.. I guess I can safely vow to abide by these principles

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post

EWWWWW
                              Yup, I put a signature in..

Comment

Working...
                              X