Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crashing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing.

Due to crashing I will not be finishing the plot for tonight, I am sorry and please tell me how it was, and if anyone knows how to reduse crashing,I would gladly take your help.
    Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

I crash during transition most of the time. Not sure why (maybe an obsidian bug). It seems like everytime I leave the Temple, I crash. I crashed several times tonight, myself. Sometimes I can play for hours and not crash. Other times, it seems like every other transition.

So, not sure what to tell you about reducing crashes.
    sigpic
    Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Yeah, I mostly crash in the City, which is where the plot was last night, lol
      Characters:
      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

There may be certain spells or effects that can cause a crash both on the server side and on the client. From experience in previous PWs I know that the DMs learned that if you get more than 20 people in a single area casting lots of spells, then the server can go down.

I think it has something to do with all the math involved with intersecting power effects, but I don't know for sure. On the client side, It might just be tough for the PC to handle the graphics display of a number of effects all at once.

Mostly though I find that my client crashes without any spells involved, just by transitioning.
        Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
        Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
        Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

I am also having a problem with the transitional crashing, I'm actually relieved to hear that I am not the only one. *thankful that he doesn't have to spend time diagnosing home computer* I know it is not a server issue as I have had the problem on other servers (when I played other servers).
          Aidan Saevalis - Priest of Tyr, Warpriest in training.

Jeremiah Caden - Recovering Mercenary Scout

Comment

The only person to take this to is Obsidian. They have been promising a new patch which addresses these issues since MotB but have still not yet delivered.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Thank you for answering my questions that i desperately needed.
              Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
              "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Also make sure your override folder is clean . . .
                Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

I bet this has been brought up before, as I've seen it talked about a million times in a million other places, but here I go anyways...

Perhaps the visual effects of certain buffs and spells should be altered or removed? I know its possible, but I'm not sure how difficult it is. It really improves performance in some cases, especially on the player-side, and some of the buffs aren't actually supposed to have visual effects anyways, if I recall.

Might help with crashes?
                  Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

It's Obsidian's responsibility to fix the game, not mine or the team's. Degrading visual performance for a hopeful thought of minor performance/stability increase is far from a productive task.
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

And the fact that they (Saulus and team) allready have done just that Kangleton with a bunch of the spells
                      Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

Concerning spells and visual effects, I played on a server once where all visual effects were disabled, to prevent metagaming as much as graphical overload. It also had challenge ratings disabled. Of course, this was a NWN 1 server but I wouldn't be too surprised if somehow had adapted the script for NWN 2 as well. Might be worth looking into...

Comment

Originally posted by Drider-man View Post
                          Concerning spells and visual effects, I played on a server once where all visual effects were disabled, to prevent metagaming as much as graphical overload. It also had challenge ratings disabled. Of course, this was a NWN 1 server but I wouldn't be too surprised if somehow had adapted the script for NWN 2 as well. Might be worth looking into...
                          Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                          It's Obsidian's responsibility to fix the game, not mine or the team's. Degrading visual performance for a hopeful thought of minor performance/stability increase is far from a productive task.
                          I think this means we aren't going to see any changes in this aspect of Sundren.
                          Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

I already turned off all spell affects so me, personally do not see them. I think this has reduced transition crashes.

Adeodatus Exitium -

Comment

Umm isn't that an override to turn off your own spell effect visuals?

Comment

Working...
                              X