Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Crashes

I posted on the help page, but figured I would come on here and see if there were other answers. So far I made 3 toons.
    My first guy I made did the exploring in town, then went to the trading post. After which I decided to check out the crossroads to see what that was and the game crashed.
    I made another toon, but kind of got mixed up with the restricted list, did not read it carefully enough. I thought the "Closed" meant you had to apply to get. (oops)
    So, I re-made him as a human and went back to the trading post in hopes to pick up where I left off and went into the Crossroads again by accident instead of the world map and again the game crashed.
    So, I made yet another guy and paid better attention to where I was going. I was trying to go to he Shar Hills to see what the one vendor was talking about with the Goblins. The camp area was fine, but as soon as I went into the Hills it crashed.

I tried re-loading all 3 toons back up and it would start, but all 3 would crash (did not even finish loading the area).
    Only thing that I can think of was during the patch process I lost connection a few times, then I would re-connect and clicked "retry". I am thinking that maybe the updater skipped in completeion of those areas? Is there a way to manually download them (or a place to be more accurate)? If I delete them from the folder, will it try and re-download them or just make a mess (as in does the updater scan all files to ensure they are correct)?

I did a search and did not find much in the way of answers, so any help would be appreciated, would really like to be able to play!!
    Also, if there is not a way to update the files (if that what the problem is), are the DM's able to "Relocate" my guys to a useable area (not sure of the game mechanics as a DM, such as moving a "Stuck" toon)?
    Anyway, thanks in advance for the help!

PS: Files in question are:
    {01} sharahan_hills.trx - 15.8 mb
    {09} crossroads.trx - 10.9 mb

Try update the auto-patcher again. It may load the files that you are missing.
    sigpic
    Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Delete your sundren.ver and .state files
      Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Deleting those files I think did the trick, I also deleted the areas I was having issues with jsut in case, but I restored them since they would take a while (that and there seems to be several other files on the list now as well). Will try that and see if that helps. Thanks much!

Comment

No problem.
          Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Working...
          X