Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game mechanics question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game mechanics question

Hello,

As I am very new to NWN2 I'm having some problems with movement of all things. Currently I think I am using character view camera and I am holding down the left mouse button to move, but it seems a very choppy kind of movement.

How do you guys move around, and how do you make subtle movements to simulate turning to talk to a character without running halfway across the area by accident?

Thanks for the help.

Well, if it's choppy, you may want to lower your settings a bit, getting rid of shadows, etc.
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Do not hold down the mouse button to move or use the WASD keys. This can lag the server due to a bug. Use clicking only.

As for the camera, you can cycle between strategy and first person using the asterisk key (*) on the numpad.

Barring that, you can go into the Game Options and play with the camera controls to your liking. If it's still "choppy" then your graphics settings are too high, and too demanding for your computer.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
      X