Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ClientUpdater won't work with 64Bit OS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClientUpdater won't work with 64Bit OS?

Hello,

I recently decided to enter a persistent world in NWN2, my very first one. I was hoping to join Sundren, but I cannot install the client.

Running XP64 the updater won't run, because Windows won't let it run. Maybe some remnant 16Bit code, possible dos-executable?
    Is there any known workaround?

Thanks everyone. Hoping to join soon

BA

Ugh... XP 64 bit? That's a nasty client OS.

However you might want to give the usual disable antivirus, or any other protection software a shot.

Otherwise I can't say, it might be an incompatibility between a library used on the updater and XP 64 bit. It has nothing to do with 64 bit itself, as the updater runs fine on Vista x64 which I use.

Not much else I can suggest to you otherwise... other than to say as someone who works in Network Engineering... XP 64 bit is a very bad choice for a client OS.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Virusscanner doesn't seem to be the problem. Until now I never had any problems with XP64. Everything I need has a driver, and performance is equal to XP32 + the few mostly unused 64Bit extras.

I'm going to transfer NWN2 to a Vista64-System and try again. Thanks for the fast reply

Comment

Nevermind.. figured it out already. SundrenUpdaterInstaller-1120.exe is a self extracting container, seeming to containing 16-Bit code. Won't run on any MS 64Bit system. Extracted the files using winrar, and SundrenUpdater.exe is working of course. Thanks though.

[Update on Vista64:

No, won't work there either. Same error informing me about an incompatibility of the executable and the 64Bit-OS. I should ask the vendor about a compatible version etc.

Could anyone with some spare seconds verify, that the very last client SundrenUpdaterInstaller-1120.exe does indeed run on their 64Bit OS?]

Comment

As I said before, I run the updater (including the installer) on Vista x64 without issue. It's likely localized to either your system configuration (antivirus, etc) or Windows XP x64.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I also run it on V64 without any troubles

Comment

Me as well. Vista 64 no problems.
              Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

Working...
              X