Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Ok, there have been tons of expressed opinions on the death system, and hopefully this thread shouldn't require very many more. All I want to do is ask a question in regards to how the DM's wish to handle this system:

Since, as it stands, the only part of the intended system that is currently implemented is the "stay in death area forever" part, what happens to those who have died? I mean, there are no signuses or diamonds present in the loot, right? This whole option of a respawn until level 8 is also not present, right? And if you die in some remote location, or without any gold, you will probably not get a player-raise, right? So... what happens? You're permadead because half the system isn't in place yet?

Could it be agreed upon that, UNTIL all of the great changes (which I really do like the sound of) are fully integrated into the server, DM's will be lenient on the idea of raising players stuck in death for extensive amounts of time? I've been stuck in death for four days, and when I finally see first sign of a DM, he said that, by server rules, he could not raise me from death because I died by what was basically my own fault. But what preventative measures could I take without signuses or diamonds? Just not adventure, ever, at all?

I think that in light of the half-developed system, there should be the option that, through RP, a player can get a DM raise; only until the entire system is in place.

Fair?

Yes? No? Unclear?
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

When the new changes are implemented I will reverse the death status of anyone and everyone. For now though if a DM is willing to raise someone because they have been dead for sometime, it can be done at their own descretion. IE perhaps if you politely ask they might help you out... (otherwise you will have to wait) Remember to always use the DM channel.

People are always free to make a new character and get the free signuses and play around until then. Patience is a virtue.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Alright, thanks. The quick answer is much appreciated.
      Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Working...
      X