Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need Help with leveleling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need Help with leveleling

((I'm a new player to Sundren (well been here about 4 days) I wanted to know more about the level restrictions, specifically, do I have to be signed on to a character for them to 'age' and be allowed to level up? I have a lot of time on my hands and like to play a lot, but I'd probably rather have several characters at once as opposed to just one. If however, that will mean none of them will ever age and get to level up thats a big difference. What behavior do the DM's want out of people for them to level up?

Thanks for your time,
    Shad))

The level restrictions seem to involve the amount of time your character has existed; whether you're actually playing him or not. So if you have multiple characters, they will all age, whether you play only one of them, or all of them. However, it goes without saying that if you exploit this, a DM is going to punish you somehow.
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

I'm not trying to exploit. I just have a lot of spare time and I really like to RP. Think of it this way, if we were playing Pen and Paper and I could show up 3 times a week and others could show up only once, I wouldn't be 'cheating' to play 3 characters. I'd be making sure I level up at the same rate as my fellow players.

Shad

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
        The level restrictions seem to involve the amount of time your character has existed; whether you're actually playing him or not. So if you have multiple characters, they will all age, whether you play only one of them, or all of them. However, it goes without saying that if you exploit this, a DM is going to punish you somehow.
        Exploit this? 0.o
        I'd like to hear a scenario in which you would consider this exploitable.
        "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

You could powergame a character to his maximum level, and then immediatly stop playing it, just to powergame the next one. Rinse and repeat, and you'll get an army of level 15 characters all around the same time.

Maybe that isn't an "exploit" but... well, it isn't good.
          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
            You could powergame a character to his maximum level,
            You could, but then a DM will ruin your day.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I don't see any inherit problem in playing characters up to their max level. Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen anything here on breaking rules. If I made an army of level 15 characters by playing a lot, then I probably need to get out more :P but I don't see why that alone is any sort of problem.
              "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

Because you're creating alot of characters to save, so whenever you want to switch to a new one, he'll already have him maximum level at 15 instead of starting out as 5 as new chars should.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                  You could, but then a DM will ruin your day.
                  Yeah, I said that in my first post. I have foresight. Teehee?

Comment

Working...
                  X