Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Specs for new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs for new server

So here's what I'm picking out for the new server to have a reasonable budget but to pack it with a lot of oomph to handle all our crazy players who love to beat up stuff and RP

CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 - $365.99 PURCHASED (AWAITING DELIVERY)

Mobo
    Abit IP35 Pro - $231.99 (Dual Gigabit Lan)
    Video Card (PCI Express) - $38.99

For those wondering why not get onboard video in the mobo? Well I can't seem to find a LGA775 Socket that supports dual Gigabit LAN AND has onboard video so I went with a cheap video card just to get basic video capabilities.

Memory
    Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz - $277.99

PSU
    600 Watts Coolermaster - $79.99

That's a sub-total of $967.96

With shipping and handling that works out to about $1150 approx.

That's about it, I have a Scuzzy controller and a pair of drives to go with it so we won't have to get new hardrives and I have a junker case I can use to put it in.

I created a donate meter which is viewable on the forum index. The goal has been adjusted to $1300 as I also have to pay to upgrade my internet connection for the increased load.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

It would allow people a visual indication on how far we are progressing...
    "We are what we think.
    All that we are arises with our thoughts.
    With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

Yeah a chart with the classic red thermometer or something... to reach the monetary goal.

Would be nice.

Or maybe. an XP bar thing.

Comment

Maybe you could have a woman with large "eyes" and her blouse lowers as we get closer to the goal. I am sure you would get more donations with that!

-Just kidding-

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganKing View Post
          Maybe you could have a woman with large "eyes" and her blouse lowers as we get closer to the goal. I am sure you would get more donations with that!

-Just kidding-
          No you're not!
          Krislin Sent
          -----------------
          Upholding the mysterious complexity of all things. A mirror to truth.

Comment

donate meter = good idea
            Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

People do seem to like the donate meters for some reason.

Sounds like a nice computer too *nods*
              Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
              Immortality is your last hope.
              For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

Updated (Ordered the CPU)
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

donate if I could play

been tiring to get on server, but for some reason it wont let me

running NWN2

Comment

Well this doesn't really belong here, if you need help try a help request or look on our FAQ for troubleshooting information. "I can't play" doesn't help me.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                    X