Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character history?

Just in case, I'll mention I did read the FAQ and try the search function. I also read through some of Wiki and didn't see anything specific to this. Hopefully I won't look too silly asking, assuming I'm even asking in the correct location.

Now I know which classes/races I can't just use, and that I can't use a crazy background without getting it accepted; What I don't know is what I can use. As in, what is actually allowed for my characters history? Right, is my question making sense?
    Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
    Immortality is your last hope.
    For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Anything that isn't what we've already mentioned in the FAQ or or restricted races/classes sticky.

If it's something absurd which wouldn't fit in the realms then obviously that won't be any good.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Pretty much, common sense is your friend. Anything is acceptable really as long as it is reasonably normal and so on. Some things a bit out of the ordinary would require submitting a request, in which case, again, use common sense to determine if your background is sufficiently out of the ordinary that you should get confirmation from DMs.
      -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

As an aside, search around for the thread on character descriptions. It doesn't make a ton of sense from an RP perspective to spell out your history in your description, as your history isn't apparent to other characters from looking at you. A few key physical details (and, evidently the preference of a couple DMs, you CHA score) add a lot of color to your character and make sense to see when someone examines you.

By all means think up a good backstory, but use it to help you immerse yourself in the character to play the role rather than typing it out. Share it with others via conversation, or trickle it out over time as your character gets to know others.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I just wanted to double check. Your comments are much appreciated.
          Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
          Immortality is your last hope.
          For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

Working...
          X