Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typos in RP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typos in RP

Many people often leave out a letter here or there in a sentence accidently when typing. It happens, however then we all feel forced to correct ourselves. Now sure, sometimes a typo can lead to a totally different understanding of the sentence.

Most of the time however, this isn't the cast. Lately I realized that I had been reading over peoples typos as if they were the real word accidently because I'd see them correct themselves and look back up thinking ... well didn't they just type that out.. only to find they did infact typo it up.

Where am I going with well obviously this is annoying...

I went to th estore.
    *the store
    ((the store

Everyone does it. I'm asking all players if you see your typos and you think the person on the other end has more than 70 IQ points. To leave your typos alone. As ugly as they may be.

((this is far
    *uglier

I intentionally left a few typos in my actual paragraphs, did they slow down your reading much at all? My point.

Thank you

Personally I'm a perfectionist, so I can't just leave the word typoed even if people can still easily understand the sentence.
    -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

I've been leaving my easily readable typos alone for the same reasons deepshades.

Comment

Yeaaah but... what about that one I made:

*shits around in his sleep*

It's a big difference in meaning from shifts to shits >_>
        I don't think I'll be able to refrain from correcting my mistakes. :S
        Drado Nackle, gnome scholar of the Weave
        Roger Datson, swashbuckler and booty-seeker
        "Mercy? You wanted mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Wyrm View Post

Just RP it man! its a whole new avenue and besides have you ever stood downwind of Roger?
          Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Yeah but with the way Roger smells you can just imagine him doing so
            "We are what we think.
            All that we are arises with our thoughts.
            With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

I think they have some products for that.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Vekin View Post
                Just RP it man! its a whole new avenue and besides have you ever stood downwind of Roger?

Depends on the typo... *see Wyrms post*.... so easy to make them when your trying to type it before the subject matter isnt relevant.

Also, I make them even more when im trying to get a 'monster' or npc to say something before they get cut down by sword happy adventurers.
                Last edited by Aux; 11-25-2007, 12:40 PM. Reason: bloody typos... heh
                "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Originally posted by deepshades
                  Many people often leave out a letter here or there in a sentence accidently when typing. It happens, however then we all feel forced to correct ourselves. Now sure, sometimes a typo can lead to a totally different understanding of the sentence.

Most of the time however, this isn't the cast. Lately I realized that I had been reading over peoples typos as if they were the real word accidently because I'd see them correct themselves and look back up thinking ... well didn't they just type that out.. only to find they did infact typo it up.

The bolded part literally gave me a headache.
                  Don't run...you'll only die tired.

Comment

Meh. I find myself having to correct typos though

Comment

No thanks, I will fix my mass amounts of spelling errors instead of leaving it incorrect.
                      Last edited by Scourn; 11-25-2007, 03:27 PM.
                      Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
                      So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

I usually set the IQ boundary to about 30 for typo correction
                        Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by Scourn View Post
                          No thanks, I will fix my mass ammounts of spelling errors instead of leaveing it incorrect.
                          Ah, I see.
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

And thanks to that now fixed
                            Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
                            So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

Well its just a friendly suggestion. Also I did specifically state typos that change the idea of the sentence ... the shitting roger example... should be corrected.

I'm also a perfectionist Rhifox

I think

Sh goes to the store. *At this point throw perfectionism out the window its no longer perfect even if you DO correct it ;p*

((She *This is just fugly*

Its freaking fugly and needless. XD

Anyway to each their own. I think we have two different ways of going about the perfection bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X