Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character submissions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character submissions?

Hey I've been away for a while but I intend to come back to Sundren, I was wondering if the no character submission policy is final, and I'd like to know if the server is still going to be accessed by password entry. I personally think that character submission was a good thing because it would give our characters some depth and at the same time filter out some of the problematic players that like to PK and grind as these players probably wouldn’t take the time or effort to make a character sheet.
    Jonathan Portnoy - A pirate's life fer me ARRR
    Caleb Norte - The Green Half-Orc
    Ego Trip - Wizard Spectacularrr

Eh, yeah. Grinders might come too.. Lovely. But I don't think you were here when they implented the XP Curve Osadam, it stopped grinding for the most part. It should have been harsher IMO. Is it still going to be used?

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
      Eh, yeah. Grinders might come too.. Lovely. But I don't think you were here when they implented the XP Curve Osadam, it stopped grinding for the most part. It should have been harsher IMO. Is it still going to be used?
      I was here when they implemented the curve, but without the application system or the passworded server I guess that the server is going to have more of those types of players who don't bother to read the rules and just download the pwc file. I know that it is not my place to say anything about the community since I've been away for a while but I believe that the community would benefit from the char submission system, especially on a roleplay server.

Comment

I'd like a sumbission as well, but yeah.... *Shrug.*

Comment

I'm a lazy player. I don't like to have to invent a back story for a character I may or may not be happy with. As a Dungeon Master of many PnP campaigns I have always been disdainful of players creating long winded biographies for a setting that will have nothing to do with the character's past. Setting up a scenario where a player has been designed for a specific purpose tends to cause friction among the rest of the players and the special character. With twenty or thirty people who don't know each other and have different agendas, running a campaign to cater to individuals or a group is nearly impossible.

I look at a new character as a person who grew up and followed his desire to adventure. why should a rogue from a crowdeed city have an intricate and involved past when it has nothing to do with the here and now. Sure it gives some players a basis for who they are, but often does nothing for the game.

As for submitting one to be accepted on a server, well I don't need to play there. My concept of my avatar is as simple as it can be. The vagueness of the game setting and the necessity to refrain from owning things or being from a certain family or place makes this even harder to do.

I really hate that there are those who are hell bent on ruining the fun of others for their own enjoyment. The need for something like this is really unfortunate.

Here's hoping that the need to submit charater bios never arises.

Comment

I like applications, but thats just me. And in Sundren there was no worrying about anyone seeing your Bio either, as it wasn't visible. Bios stop people who want to mess with our server from coming in. Even if the staff can remove them, i don't want to see these people. And i don't get how everyone thinks ALOT of players is a good thing. Once theres too many, its annoying getting player slots, and think about the DM attention. Rather rarer for you to be in an event unless we have like 10-15 dms on, and even then, events would be quite crowded.

Comment

I'd rather have DM's hosting events, creating new content, and enjoying themselves as well as enriching our gaming experience then hunting all over Sundren for idiots whom can't get it through their head that we're a roleplaying server.

Bios are nothing difficult to make, it just shows that you have a little bit more drive to join our server then just "BAM! New character!". In my opinion, an initial biography helps a ton in reducing server idiocy.
              Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
              Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
              Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
              Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
              Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
              Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Yeah.. Theres another thing. we have more DM Focus on the players and servers with Bios, rather then hunting for rule-breakers. Sure, they use time approving bios, but I doubt that its hard as finding rule-breakers all the time and banning them, and having to talk and deal with them..

Comment

Yeah.. Theres another thing. we have more DM Focus on the players and servers with Bios, rather then hunting for rule-breakers. Sure, they use time approving bios, but I doubt that its hard as finding rule-breakers all the time and banning them, and having to talk and deal with them..
                  My point exactly.

Comment

Heh, feck yeah I just remembered... Hey remember when Sundren first openned up? There was no password, the DM's got fed up very quickly with having to police people constantly and put it up to screen them through.

I thought I got a feeling of Deja vu...
                    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

I'll be expecting the worse

Comment

Why are we so afraid of meeting new people? ^^
                        I have a +1 question brewing in this skull somewhere...

www.myspace.com/riotsweden

Comment

Because they might be mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Esteten View Post
                            Why are we so afraid of meeting new people? ^^
                            I'm not afraid!

Not as mean as me
                            I got one leg missin'
                            How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                            Meet the Feebles

Comment

Because they might make Homer Simpson look like a rocket scientist
                              Myrddin Ariandraig

Comment

Working...
                              X