Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Limit

I was wondering if there has been a decision made about the number of players who will be allowed on the server at a time; the player limit that is. I guess that once we have seen how popular Sundren becomes it will be easier to make a final decision, but for now I was wondering how many others I can expect to meet in the world at a time.
    - Faltru

well your gonna be the new kid on the block, so you'll get an inital flux of people you might go as high as 30 kids but if you open when another high profile server goes live you'll be battleing for people and get back and fourthers. eventually you'll level out so expect around half of 30 or so.
    most servers start strong and im not saying it will happen here but it can
    ego's flair in the dm, owner catagory and basically chase people from the server and as they say $][it rolls down hill the players get in on it too and it gets worse and soon there is the dms wondering where people went and dms going "we dont need them we can [ insert unthought out idea here ]"
    an the server dies.

The key to it is keeping this fresh, new and allways changing story and server wise you dont grow you stagnate and die
    Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

We could go over 30 but that's what it will be set to for the beta, if performance seems reliable, we could go to 60.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

30 sounds fine...if the place gets too populated then it would be a good idea to bump it up a little. 60 would be great, if the machine can handle it. Would be nice to see max capacity early on release though.
        As the moon shines down upon the darkened land, a lone mage sits with spell in thought and book in hand.

Comment

the server needs to have more publicity. Do more interviews, find some websites that help with linking on places like google ect. Above all else have a good quality product not just think you do. The turn over for servers are really high just watch your server trends and content. My suggestion in keep the server clean for a bit watch the server then add more content like hak packs.

when things change on the server let every one know, show the content only available to sundren make it stand out then maybe you can expand past 30 hell i know when a server is full and i cant get in for a while i get more interested so maybe even 20 space and then a raffle for 5 more spaces could work and every month you can raffle those spots to different people or make quest in game to alllow that as a prize.
          Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

Originally posted by Priest of Asmodeus View Post
            the server needs to have more publicity. Do more interviews, find some websites that help with linking on places like google ect. Above all else have a good quality product not just think you do. The turn over for servers are really high just watch your server trends and content. My suggestion in keep the server clean for a bit watch the server then add more content like hak packs.
            I think the greatest publicity is having the server up and running in gamespy. Right now, theres not much else you can do...save for advertising over at the bioware sight and NW Vault. However, I think a good idea would be to start a thread in the PW section of the bioware forums advertising the big day on the 10th...this should attract some players. Other than that, a great PW pretty much speaks for itself...if it is good, players will trickle in by word of mouth alone. That is what I have observed from my experience with this game.

Originally posted by Priest of Asmodeus View Post
            When things change on the server let every one know, show the content only available to sundren make it stand out then maybe you can expand past 30 hell i know when a server is full and i cant get in for a while i get more interested so maybe even 20 space and then a raffle for 5 more spaces could work and every month you can raffle those spots to different people or make quest in game to alllow that as a prize.
            Again, this all depends on the machine. If it can't handle more than 30 players, then theres not much you can do. Raffling for space sounds like an interesting idea...but it would be much better not to in order to ensure a fair and equal opportunity for all players to be able to play on here...even if the chances of winning are pure luck. Besides, I'm not sure its possible to "set aside" space in NWN 2 like how you could do it in NWN just yet.
            As the moon shines down upon the darkened land, a lone mage sits with spell in thought and book in hand.

Comment

I think that 30 players on at a time is very reasonable. I like to think that Sundren will develop a strong community as time goes on, one that will attract new and dedicated players.

Should its popularity exceed its capacity, then options can be explored to either raise the player cap or perhaps even develop mirror servers. All of this is up to the developers of course.
              - Faltru

Comment

Working...
              X