Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zakharan Lore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakharan Lore

So since Im somewhat interested in making a Zakharan character I've been attempting to dig up as much lore on the region as possible. I figure there may be some others attempting to do the same, so figured I'd share what seems to be a neat website. I'm not sure how much Sundren's lore will vary from what this website has (I believe it's another RP community) but it is set in FR so I imagine the parts about culture and stuff are good to look at.

http://www.al-qadim.com/zakhara.html
    My to-be toon:
    Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
    Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
    Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
    Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

I had a zakharan necromancer once who was forced by propriety to observe the traditions of hospitality when anyone came to his door. Setting out a feast on the embalming table; Don't forget the salt!
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I got a little bit of lore for the Zakharan's living in Aquor when I played Chime who was an Ambassador for House Pendrag. It is just a little less than a paragraph but I though I would add it to the mix. I am not sure that it helps at all but it came from DM BAMF.

Al-Badia- they are nomadic with especially deeply ingrained traditions about family and blood feuds. They aare the ones that keep pressuring Felicia to kick the Aurilites in the gonads. None of Felicia Pendrag's retainers are Al-Badia but many of the Soldiers are and all of the former pirates that Felicia co-opted to join her on her quest to get back to Sundren are.

Al-Hadhar- they are settlement based. They are all either crafters, merchants, artisan or guards/mamluks once employed by the Sultana. They have a similar set of traditions but are more devoted to personal honor and following the path of enlightenment. (Bassim (War advisor and I believe the second in command) and Cali’Ganesh (Diplomat and respected advisor) are both Al-Hadhar. They were on Felicia's council if I remember right.)
      GMT -9

Comment

Working...
      X