Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting on Persistant Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting on Persistant Worlds

Can someone tell me, and anyone else who has been out of the game since the dedicated servers officially went down how we log in to multiplayer and download the sundren files now?

I assume since there is no more bioware login our old username / password is no longer relevent.

Thanks in advance,
    Thief
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/...ient-extension

This add on is how people more or less can see server's as it was on the old gamespy lists. Though we don't get a global chat function like we used to.

You could also direct connect to Sundren's IP: nwn.sundren.org:5125
    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Thanks Kasso, that simple eh? I see there is a similar program for nwn1, funny after weeks of trying various methods to try and get that going with a friend (Gameranger, hamachi e.t.c.). *sigh*
      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Password and Username are still important, however if you make a typo it will still accept it as the authentication isnt a thing anymore. Username/Password are what links you to your character vault so if you spell them wrong none of your characters will show up for you.

So if I were to put in AsraKing instead of AsuraKing I would still be able to connect to the server but no characters would show.
        My to-be toon:
        Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
        Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
        Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
        Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

Aha, thanks! I had wondered about that. Looks like Ill have to find a safe spot for my user/pass. Do CD keys matter anymore now that the official channels are closed?

Comment

I think so. I think there's still a mechanism that recognizes "valid" orientations of numbers within keys.

Comment

Almost all servers track CD keys now as a means of preventing people from logging into each others characters. Since Bioware authentication is down, there is nothing to prevent anyone from typing in any other username and logging in as them.

To fix this, server admins have set up their databases to cross check usernames with CD keys, so the CD key (I should emphasize, the public CD key) effectively becomes the password.

A great website is NWN List. It's the list that the client extension pulls from when it creates the server list in game.
              WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Cool, thanks Rekov. Unfortunately for me NWN2 doesn't like my new computer and crashes whenever I load a module. Back to the drawing board!

Comment

Is your new computer windows 10? I've found that I have to run the game in compatibility mode and as an administrator to avoid a crash.
                  WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Still on Vista Ultimate; I've tried all the usual tricks. I think perhaps it just doesn't like my graphics drivers or something. I've tried 2 clean installs now.

I've posted the issue on the bioware tech support site so hopefully they will get back to me with something positive

Comment

Reinstall DirectX, .NET, Visual Studio Runtime VC++

Reboot, run as Administrator.

Most likely will fix, but you have to do ALL of them.
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Thanks Saulus, Ill give it a try. I reinstalled DX9.0c before I ran the game because I know newer version don't have all that previous versions did. Ill try installing the lot!

*edit* Still no luck Ill try reinstalling NWN2 and repatching. It's always been a nightmare game to get up and running.

Comment

Working...
                        X