Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myrkul - Post wipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrkul - Post wipe

Im curious since I was only around for a few months after Myrkul got resurrected. Did Myrkul's reputation of being "evil cultists that need to be killed by all that is good in this world!" ever revert back to how it was before the times of Kelemvor? As in will Myrkulite priests be seen as more "Ehhh I'll just walk the other way and not bother him..." or "Myrkulite! Burn it with fire!" like they were when I left years back.

I couldnt find anything about public view of myrkulites over 50 years after the resurrection in the Turning of the Seasons thread so I'm curious how they'll be viewed.

Or is it up to the Myrkulite playerbase to establish that kind of reputation for the faith? :P
    My to-be toon:
    Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
    Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
    Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
    Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Yes, Myrkulites are pretty much the way they were before Kelemvor. However, keep in mind that they're now a regularly accepted part of Sestra's community at the very least, and are allowed in other towns without much rancor (but likely a little fear).
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Awesome thanks
      My to-be toon:
      Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
      Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
      Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
      Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

I believe the necropolis was still seen as a great unholy grounds with cultist about. And Myrkul did rise again here so I imagine you can easily play a character with any view or mindset who's on a pilgrimage.

I had a Myrkulite priest who served as part of Marshal Datton's administration in Sestra, where I believe Mykrulites will be getting a temple. His concept focused more on corruption and old age as he believed old age and decay to be the path to full enlightenment; with corruption being the tool used to get there. And while he was a priest of Myrkul, he believed in the original deal between the three. That Bane should rule over the living, Myrkul the dead, and Bhaal will be the gatekeeper between the two realms. So his agenda was to prolong life and corrupt, that the process of taking life was a prayer to Bhaal not Myrkul. This confused some people and I'm sure made him seem, if not was, hypocritical at times.

Outside of Sestra and the Necropolis, I got the impression that you'll initially be seen as a second rate citizen or completely run off - depending on who you are dealing with.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Less rancor?!

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Originally posted by greypawn
            Outside of Sestra and the Necropolis, I got the impression that you'll initially be seen as a second rate citizen or completely run off - depending on who you are dealing with.
            No longer the case, as Myrkul has now been around just as long as Kelemvor was back in 1372. Priests of the Dead God are mainly feared, like you'd fear an agent of the IRS.

Which, as we all know, is basically the same thing.
            "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Working...
            X