Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Lore questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren Lore questions

I've been busy as hell fixing floors and painting the walls and woodwork of my new house all of december. I've had the luxury of tuning in here on my commute and on the loo, and I've especially followed GDs "Turn of the seasons" to see what's a-coming. I'm sure I'm not the only one! I have some questions though:

Day of broken blades: Was that the closing event held mid-december, or a GM-made point in history to move things along?

Fall of the city: It seems to me that I keep reading that it happened on the day of the broken blades as well, But all I can find about it is in the post about the Magisterium - Was this perhaps the event mentioned earlier? Or is the fall of the city intentionally kept a bit mysterious for plot reasons fx?

Finally: What the heck is a Nexus? I've played a Tuathan and I'm fairly sure it's something to do with the ley, and it never struck me as being a tuathan secret. I've heard both IG and OOC that there was one below sestra, and also Aqour. As I read about it in GD's posts it struck me that most people had a clue, in the way it was mentioned - but I haven't!

Was it that thing that was a terrible secret beneath the monastery in sestra?

These questions are not meant to be metagaming or the like. The answers may be "need to know". It just doesn't seem that way.

Thanks for the good reads GD, can't wait to hear what happens in Mirakus and/or Exigo, if anything.
    My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
    Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Day of Broken Blades was a real event that was run by Grinning Death, where the Tuatha busted into the old Black Hand Citadel and dismantled their teleportation device. Also lots of triad peeps died.

The fall of the city happened much later, it was the a series of events played out that concluded more or less in a similar way to the day of broken blades (Main advantage of the city was gutted so it came crashing down). I think it happened like, 6-7 months after the Day of broken blades but I don't recall for sure.

A nexus is a meeting of the Ley-Lines, which are powerful natural currents of energy that run through the land. Because it's a sort of cross-ways, it naturally has a lot more juice to it.

Fertility Pond. (I read the Sestra monestary bit as "What was the terrible secret...." keeping this here anyways.)

I hope this helps!
    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Originally posted by Kasso View Post
      Day of Broken Blades was a real event that was run by Grinning Death, where the Tuatha busted into the old Black Hand Citadel and dismantled their teleportation device. Also lots of triad peeps died.

The fall of the city happened much later, it was the a series of events played out that concluded more or less in a similar way to the day of broken blades (Main advantage of the city was gutted so it came crashing down). I think it happened like, 6-7 months after the Day of broken blades but I don't recall for sure.
      So the city been on the ground for a long time IG, and I've missed it? or was the fall of the city the 'ending' event this december? The first option could be possible.

Thanks a bunch man.

Comment

No, the fall of the city event was earlier in 2015, I don't remember the exact date, someone else would have to step in for that. The event in december was more a small thing with lasting repercussions I think.

Formerly
        Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
        Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

The city's fall happened around April of 2015. Here's the corresponding rumor post:

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showpos...2&postcount=20

Comment

Originally posted by Fateful Encounter View Post
            The city's fall happened around April of 2015. Here's the corresponding rumor post:

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showpos...2&postcount=20
            Ooh, I have totally missed that. I had a son born on the 19th of may, so I've got a pretty good idea of where my mind was at around that time. I think I would have expected more of a server update thing than a rumor tbh. I think I have logged in once or twice after the fall then. I assume no areas have been changed, apart from the transitions then?

Comment

The areas will be changed for the update, but they weren't immediately after the City fell, no.
              "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

An update was planned but the mapping of the area didn't pan out due to other commitments, largely due to the same reasons that were keeping you occupied in May.

As GD says, expect to see this represented in game when the reboot goes live.
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

As GD says, expect to see this represented in game when the reboot goes live.
                  Do we have a timeframe on this yet by the by? Not looking for a specific date, but more a ballpark for the server's re-release now that we're into the new year.

Formerly
                  Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                  Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

I'll go into a bit more depth on that in the news thread later today or tomorrow.
                    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                    X