Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master of Many Forms and Supernatural/Spell-like Abilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of Many Forms and Supernatural/Spell-like Abilities?

This is something I've been pondering on for a while, because it's a discrepancy between the official MoMF and Sundren's version. According to the Complete Adventurer, 7th level MoMFs get extraordinary abilities but not spell-like and supernatural abilities. However, likely because almost all of the MoMF forms would be basically glorified costumes otherwise, many of the forms, e.g. dryad were given spell-like and supernatural abilities. And to be frank, most of them are still glorified costumes.

My question is whether the forms have their other spell-like and supernatural abilities in the Sundren setting, at least to the extent that they can be RP'd out. I've looked, and there's nothing particularly game breaking. Even for dragons, you need to be Old or older to get the really powerful stuff, and Sundren tops out at Adult. But there are some potential RP goodies if you look hard enough.

My analysis of the options is basically thus:
    1) Allow only the abilities specifically coded into the game
    2) Allow other abilities, subject to DM veto. Alternatively, subject to DM approval.
    3) Remove the abilities to comply with the Complete Adventurer rules.
    Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
    "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
    UTC -4

I'm normally against people rping or using items or powers that are not part of the game. We all play in the same sand box with the same rules going out side of that can be game breaking. This is with big things though. If it's little fluff stuff that really has no down side or upside I see little issue with rping you have said power or ability.
    Bram Drismon: Sundrens Centurio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndpryp2OlUQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Comment

Running it by the Staff first is always good. I generally have no problem with these sorts of things unless it's outlandish or doesn't fit the setting. For example, if you start RP'ing that you invented a universal translator and are using it to translate all languages for you a'la Star Trek ... you may find that your translator gets smashed to bits by Cyricists very soon.

Comment

So far I've alluded to the idea that Dalian can use Tree Stride as a dryad and that's about it. Although there is the dragons' breath weapons, which are technically supernatural abilities.
        Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
        "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
        UTC -4

Comment

Working...
        X