Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installation help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installation help please?

I want to come play with you guys. I have NWN2 and expansions on disk in front of me but not sure how to install. Will the automatic updater work enough to at least play the OCs?

How about getting your custom content and accessing your server?

Help is appreciated.

OH! And im running windows 8 if that matters. The Microsoft compatibility site says it should run.

I have been here occasionally in the past before, but this time I will stick around

thanks!

I haven't installed from disks for YEARS

But I think what you have to do is run a normal installation, then update manually by downloading the patches online.

http://neverwintervault.org/patches

You'll have to do each of them individually, one after another manually until you're up to date with the latest version.

After that, you'll want to download the Skywing client extention;

http://neverwintervault.org/project/...ient-extension

So that you can view servers in the main gamespy room again, as well as getting a nifty number of fixes/tools for your NWN2 online experience.

After you have all that done, find Sundren in the list, open it, and you'll automatically download the files and get up to date.

I'm not 100% that'll get you up and going, but that's my understanding of an install from CD guide.
    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

whoa theres dozens of them. is there some combined so that I can just install everything in a couple of downloads?

thanks for the help. Cannot wait to join you guys.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of, I've been warned against buying the game as a set of CD's, generally digital is the way to go for this very reason.

But, you might be able to download a full copy from a torrent site then use your CD key's for the installation.

Formerly
        Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
        Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

ok then... please, where could I go to get a digital copy?

Comment

http://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

That's where you go to buy a new copy, only 8 bucks right now to!

If you want to torrent it, I'm not really an expert there, I generally don't torrent.

Formerly
            Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
            Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Yeah, at this point GOG is the way to go.
              Account Name: LuvHandles
              Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
              Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
              Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
              Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
              Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
              Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

grr. credit card troubles mean I have to wait 10 days for a replacement card.

will get this game then. thanks for the help folks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMidas View Post
                  grr. credit card troubles mean I have to wait 10 days for a replacement card.

will get this game then. thanks for the help folks.
                  The whole 'patience is a virtue' thing is over-rated. Send me a private message and we'll get you on the server in a day* or less, or your pizza is free. No credit card necessary.

*Caveat: This estimate may vary depending on your internet speed.
                  Mhaaj Anderhart, Halruaan thaumaturgist, Withering Lord of the Myrkulites. [* Retired.]
                  Gabriel Shadesoar - Hated-Errant of the Church of Bane.[* Retired.]

"What is the difference between the master and the beginner?

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."
                  - Stephan McCranie

Comment

woohoo!

BUT, Im away until Monday now. cya soon!

Comment

Hi guys.

Can you please help me try and patch my existing game? I have a couple of questions...

1) Does it matter where I install the game in the first place? Will the patches find the right spot if I put the game on a new folder in drive E?

2) Exactly which patch(es) from that massive list will I need?

thanks!

Comment

1, No, the patching is done from the folder you installed the game to, wherever it may be.

2, It's not that bad of a list once you filter it down, 9 updates in total if you've got the two expansions. Eng, XP2, Windows patches

You need all the patches that take you from your installed version, to the current version. Plus any hotfixes.

There is no combined, single file that you can use to get current, outside of purchasing the GoG bundle.

Once you've downloaded the various patches I'd recommend grabbing tnt220's patcher from the vault (go get it here) which will help you load them as a group rather than doing it all manually.

Hope that helps!
                        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Looking good so far.

asking... do I unzip the patches before running the tnt220?

Comment

Not sure, the last time i installed from CD the auto-updater was still working. The page I linked to for tnt220s updater has the instructions for use on it, reading that should tell you how to arrange the files.

My guess is 'probably'.
                            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                            Sydney Smith.

Comment

success!

thanks heaps folks it looks like it's all going to work. I even logged in.

meet me over at the greetings page...

Comment

Working...
                              X