Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event - Sinister Gambit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event - Sinister Gambit

Killian hadn't retired for reverie in days. For the last few weeks, she had placed her studies, her work, her duties to the Magisterium ahead of everything. It was all she had left, now that Rufus had been taken from her. Focusing on the tomes, the words, the spells ... it helped her pretend that everything was as it should be.

The other apprentices avoided her now; she couldn't blame them. Her moods were irregular and irrational now, prone to drastic changes at moment's notice. Just thinking about Rufus drew fits of rage and despair, too powerful for any levity or cheer to last long.

It was why she was surprised to find one apprentice approach her now, in the dead of night whilst she still pored over Edaphriel's research.

"Killian ... I'm terribly sorry to disturb you, but you know the Archmagi Swift and Ancrath best out of the magi here ... "

She supposed she couldn't deny the truth of those words, but they seemed hollow nonetheless. She was closest to them only because Rufus was slain and Aldym and Xiuli were not present. And even so, Killian had never been close to the Archmagi; they were towering and intimidating paragons of magical mastery. She, but a lowly initiate.

"What is it?" she asked, reluctantly. Her voice felt unfamiliar and strange. She realized she hadn't spoken a word in many, many days.

The other apprentice - a human by the name of Pence - withdrew a wrapped blade, gleaming in the light. "This blade ... it spoke to me. It asked me to take it to its maker, naming Master Andrew Swift specifically ... "

Killian arched an incredulous brow. "A talking blade? I didn't think Master Swift was an artificer. To have created something like this ... " She paused a moment, considering. "Are you sure it didn't mean Master Ancrath?"

"Positive. It came to me in the form of an apparition, begging me to take it to Master Swift. It led me to this physical form, and became silent as I picked it up."

She nodded slowly. "I'll ask them about it when they next come to the Sanctuary. Keep it with the other relics until then."

As Pence departed to secure the blade, Killian caught sight of the pommel, upon which an intricate and elaborate "E" had been inscribed...
    WHO: Members of the Magisterium

DM: Fateful Encounter

WHEN: Sunday, April 12 - 1PM Pacific

Reminder that this is going down tomorrow at 1 PM Pacific!

Comment

Event Summary (Chronologically, this event occurs simultaneously as Part Three of Courting the Fall - please no spoilers for the attendees of this Thursday's shenanigans!):

You successfully defeated the attack on your Sanctuary.

All your apprentices survived (miraculously).

You discovered the Left Hands' plans in their entirety.

You condemned Ashe, a traitor and a spy for Edaphriel, to a most hellish fate.

Comment

Working...
      X