Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location of Sundren on larger map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of Sundren on larger map

I'm just curious to know where Sundren is located on the larger published maps of the Forgotten Realms. From what I've gleaned, I'm guessing that it's on the upper left of the map, off the spine of the world. Is that accurate?
    Live each day as if it's your last, for one day it shall be

Specifically sound of Icewind Dale, near the spine of the world. We fudged how the mountains are in the area to make Sundren work but it's not a very far fetched interpretation considering how the region is layed out.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Somebody should cook up a map. Speaking of which, I've never been able to find a large map of Faerun... And the geography of the Forgotten Realms confuses me to no end. =|
      Character(s)
      >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
      ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

I have one. Though I'm far too lazy to post it.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Ask and thou shalt recieve:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/torilmap/

Comment

Thanks GodBeastX!

Great map! Complete with a coordinate system to pinpoint exactly where Sundren would be on this map...could you do us the honor, Mr. Project Leader?

I shall roll my drum in anticipation. Thank you in advance.

I, for one, am counting down the days until February 10th!
            Live each day as if it's your last, for one day it shall be

Comment

Actually that map is pretty old, I based Sundren off of the new Toril Map.

George Carlin

Comment

Ooooohhhh.... So that's were Halruaa is. And there's the Moonshaes...
                Thanks for the map, Godbeast. Even though it's a bit cluttered, it's also very detailed.
                Character(s)
                >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                  Ask and thou shalt recieve:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/torilmap/
                  oh wow, thank you.
                  - Faltru

Comment

That is positively the coolest thing Ive seen! Thanks!!
                    aka Ashercon - Join us at neverwinternightspodcast.com

Comment

This is indeed awesome.
                      The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Here is another version of the map, its the official version.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/wd...rLarge_150.jpg
                        The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Thats the one you're looking for. Top left-hand corner, to the right of Icepeak. As I said we fudged the mountains a bit to make it work, but that's where Sundren is supposed to be. It's a large valley which has a much more temperate climate than Icewind Dale. Of course far northern parts of Sundren on higher elevations will be frosty, mountainous areas... and there are many dangers that lurk there.

Of course, that won't be an area to explore for some time

George Carlin

Comment

Ah the good old FR sourcebook map.
                            Brilliant.
                            There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

I didn't know Faerun was that big O_o
                              Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Working...
                              X