Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lotus Has Stepped Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus Has Stepped Down

Hello, all,

Effective today, I have ended my tenure as head DM and admin of Sundren. My departure from these roles has nothing to do with burnout, dissatisfaction, or any kind of sour grapes; I simply don't have the time to commit anymore. My non-video game life is blooming in all of the best ways, and while I have enjoyed my time promoting the server, this is logically the first thing that has to go as my free time gets scarcer and scarcer.

When I stepped up to the DM team in 2013, I told myself it would be for one year, and then I would transition back to playing. It's now been two years, and I happily doubled my investment because the players who have been here have made the fruits of the service worthwhile. I now confidently leave the DM team and your characters' hopes and dreams in capable hands.

I'll still pop in now and then to play and explore the server; I haven't seen the player side of the client in about two years, so the prospect is exciting, and you don't just play on a server for eight years and quit cold turkey.

This is the best community and server live today; it's been a pleasure.

All the best! You will be missed.
    Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus
      My non-video game life is blooming in all of the best ways,
      I see what you did there...

Seriously, best of luck! I haven't been back long enough to see much of you in action, but you seemed like a great caretaker of the server. We'll try not to mess things up too much when you go!
      Player of:
      Nadya Frost -
      Witchy Woman (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)
      Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)

Comment

He'll be back, staff time is like a zombie plague. Once you've been bitten you'll be coming back whether you want to or not.

Enjoy the real world!
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

I am glad to hear you are doing well, and I wish continued personal growth. Although when you return on player side, team Sestra has a spot for you. You will be missed man.
          Active Characters
          Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
          Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
          Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
          Dorin Hammond- Scout
          Seith Ronson- Master of War
          "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
          Socrates
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for all of your hard work. The server remains the best persistent world... hope to see you in game.
            Cheers!

Comment

Thanks so much, Lotus, for stepping up and keeping things going- without that effort, we wouldn't be here. More than that, however; congratulations on things in your life going so well! It's always good to hear that people you know are getting to enjoy the fruits of their labors, even if it means they can't be around as much.

We'll be here, and we'll see you server-side when time allows. Kudos to you!
              River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Thank you for everything you have done for the community. I hope things only get better for you and you continue to enjoy yourself in what ever you do.
                GMT -9

Comment

I know I haven't been on in awhile, but I'm glad you're doing well and sad to see you go. You were instrumental in keeping things going.
                  Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
                  Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
                  Well, you've probably missed it
                  There was never anything there
                  In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Working...
                  X