Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rules Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rules Folks

Cheating & Exploiting

Cheating and exploiting bugs in the server or general game mechanics will not be tolerated, and is bannable if you are caught deliberately doing so.

Folks this is straight from the wiki.. so I would have to assume that if you are the type of player who will move your character to a particular place on the server and defeat the foe there, then log out and camp there until the server resets and repeat the process. Its probably a no no.

Try to have a bit more respect for the system than that.

Just my two cents.

Thanks
    Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Sounds like someone is camping the Lich's phylactory. Nooot exactly fair.
    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

To be fair, it's easier EXP than ganking a trio of vampire dudes/a paladin and his expeditionary force.

To be fair, it could just be terrible luck/coincidence unless there's hard proof it's camping.

To be fair, it's better to report the incident than publicly call them out. Unless you've already reported. Then it's cool.

And to be fair, if somebody is camping...then stop camping, Somebody! It's boring and not cool.
      But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
      - Nessa

Comment

I guess that it's easy to think that when the server is at a low population, who's going to really mind? I agree about the fact that there is a need for proof (that should be reported to the Admin, rather than aired publicly)- because with a lower population you can easily just go do it, and then go do it again before someone else gets to it. The real issue is that it's XP that is available to only one person per reset, so if a player was actually logging out in that spot and then logging back in right at reset, bypassing the trip/mobs into the spot? That's the part that makes it not very fair.

So, you know, note to anyone who thinks this might be a clever idea- it's really not.
        River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

I didn't actually call anyone out specifically. No names were mentioned publicly. Everyone that has read the forum knows that I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to the rules. I won't break them to help myself, so I surely won't break them to help someone else. I'm sure others already know what's up. If anyone wishes to contact me via pm they are welcome to. Not trying to break anyone's balls, but we all have to work together to make this server a fun place for all

Comment

A good solution to fix this, because this does happen a whole lot not only by people that have a proper RP reason to be destroying that thing, but also by the members of the Blackhand.

So why not move the lich to where the phylactory is, or make that gate to be opened by a key only. Have the lich drop it, like in whurst for example. You can not log off in the Vault and log in later and get loot, must kill the mindflayer, get the key for the loot to spawn.

Comment

I have little to no knowledge of said scripted quest, but if this is a once only for every player on the server (as in, once it is completed, then no one else can do it.) then this is beyond farming.... near E hoarding.

No matter how many rules (scripted or otherwise) in the coding on the server, there will always be an exploit to get around it. How bout everyone just play fair.
              Last edited by bipolar bear; 11-30-2014, 08:19 PM.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                What he said!

Comment

I understand it can be a bit exploitative when it comes xp for those with the soft cap - is this quest once pr server reset or once pr player pr server reset?

But: When I choose to log out in relative safety somewhere in the mossdale forest after mining some mithril, because I wish to play with another character that can help out a new player f'instance - do you then suggest I cheat and exploit because, upon my next return I go mine some mithril at the same place, instead of returning to some sort of home base before? That seems a technicality, and more in the interest of arbitrary rules than pretendy-fun-times. (although it's a rule, can't argue that)

Not all characters are nest builders. Some are without (faction) headquarters. Some can survive in hostile areas.

RL sometimes takes precedence over logging out the correct place. I'd rather have players log in swiftly to do the daily than stay away completely. But that's just me.
                  My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                  Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

I think hes saying its not an accident the person is logging at the same spot after every reset, every single day.

I wish tyranus could solo stuff :'(

Comment

That seems a technicality, and more in the interest of arbitrary rules than pretendy-fun-times.
                      You're proposing a pretty specific scenario, but what's being discussed is someone actively camping a once-per-reset opportunity, which is no bueno.

I've wanted to change this specific event for a while, but it kept getting backburnered in favor of other, more pressing needs. Guess it gets priority now.

Comment

An enemy that spawns only once per reset is inherently unfair even without camping. It's a disadvantage to certain timezones and schedules. I don't know the spot myself, but it sounds like it should be a quest (daily or one-shot) rather than a spawn.
                        Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                        "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                        UTC -4

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy2003 View Post
                          But: When I choose to log out in relative safety somewhere in the mossdale forest after mining some mithril, because I wish to play with another character that can help out a new player f'instance - do you then suggest I cheat and exploit because, upon my next return I go mine some mithril at the same place, instead of returning to some sort of home base before? That seems a technicality, and more in the interest of arbitrary rules than pretendy-fun-times. (although it's a rule, can't argue that)
                          Mining mithral doesn't grant epic XP, nor much personal benefit at all after the second or third repetition. Also mithral veins aren't locked and Epic-level trapped to discourage people soling it repeatedly. Also aren't mithral veins once per character per reset? Whereas things like Lich/Alhoon are once per reset, so it gives everyone else a 0% chance at that epic quest.

As for proof, I run around invisible a lot and see people doing this regularly, mostly with the Alhoon though. I just assumed DM's know about it and don't care, so never report it.

EDIT: When I say people, I mean one person. Not trying to cast aspersions at everyone here!
                          UTC+8
                          Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                          Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Working...
                          X