Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Sundren?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Sundren?

Hi, guys.

Long-story short, I got married this year and have had a lot (a lot) of responsibilities pulling me all over the place. Everything has calmed down now, and as you may have noticed, Sundren has started humming again.

The reason for that is you guys, who continue to pick this place up when it needs a lift, who continue to donate when parts need replaced, who continue to monitor forums and look for life in the lean times. As long as you guys enjoy this place, Saulus can't find it in his cold, shriveled, evil, tyrannical, sadistic, misanthropic, Canadian heart to let this server go down for the count.

The continued interest and generosity is inspiring, and I'm excited to again have the time to devote to continuing to improve this world and to help you enjoy it. On that note, here are the irons in the fire:

New DMs
    You're going to see them lurking in the client in the near future, but I won't make a formal announcement until I'm ready to turn them loose on you. Your current quest-running staff are:

Requiem
    Dispater
    Fateful Encounter
    BAMF
    QuillPig
    Atmosphere
    Mystery DM 1
    Mystery DM 2
    Mystery DM 3

They will be responsible for adventuring fun times and making your RP dreams come true. They are not here to resolve disputes between players, they are not here to be complained to, they are not here to assist you with rebuilds, etc. If your issue is not related to role play or going on an awesome adventure, it's not their problem.

It's mine. All comments, concerns, complaints, and so on are to go directly to me, Lotus. I may delegate the resolution of a problem to one of the DMs, but the problem needs to come to me first.

Faction Realignment
    The factions you know and love (hate?) aren't going away, but we've sensed a trend: people are more invested in the various towns and cities in Sundren than they are the factions within them. With this in mind, we will be organizing factions built around promoting whichever city you've aligned yourself with.

Item Rebalancing
    When we first redesigned the faction stores, we did so with a certain power scale of classes in mind. Then we made a lot of bad classes good, and the power creep has been a little whacky. We also noticed that the pursuit of faction gear was dictating what character concepts were being created. In response, we'll be reworking the faction stores and scaling them down. We might ask you to dispose of some of your old faction gear in recognition of this balance. Don't worry; you'll be compensated.

Stores
    We're moving away from the one-weapon-store-to-rule-them-all model; all towns will offer all of the basic amenities, though some towns might offer better goods than others.

Loot Tables
    No more useless, unsellable crap! We're going to revisit the loot tables and populate them only with stuff that can be sold or made useful. We're also going to revisit a certain system and make sure that we're doing the most we can to provide PCs with the ingredients they need to enjoy it.

Quests
    We are training a staff member whose exclusive developmental effort will be creating quests, and we've enlisted one of your fellow players to assist with idea generation and dialogue writing.

Situational Permadeath
    PvP is going to have actual consequences. Stay tuned. You will still be safe from the environment if you don't mismanage your vitality.

Appearance Changer
    We're still looking for the best way to implement this. While there are options on the Neverwinter vault, they're inelegant. Still, it remains a priority that we're constantly exploring.

That's it for now, guys. We're still accepting applications for new DMs and developers (especially developers with nwscript and/or area-building experience). Thanks for being here. The staff is looking forward to continuing to make this server the best option for NWN 2 role players, and it's all built on your commitment.

Thanks a ton Lotus. I am really excited. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
    Active Characters
    Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
    Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
    Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
    Dorin Hammond- Scout
    Seith Ronson- Master of War
    "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
    Socrates
    sigpic

Comment

Outstanding!
      Cheers!

Comment

These are pretty awesome. Very, very awesome, actually.
        River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Gladly anticipating the shenanigans to come.
          But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
          - Nessa

Comment

First and foremost Thank you! Looking forward to all, but mostly the item rebalancing. After being on hiatus for a few years (OMG was it that long!), when I came back I was astounded at the equipment that could be purchased. It made me sad for toons that class could not make full use of their faction's gear and yes it made me think about building a toon around the gear available (not the best way for character concept).

I have some ideas around this ... (moved to here)

Thank you once again! Looking forward.

Nez
            Last edited by nezzerscape; 11-21-2014, 01:02 PM.
            Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
            Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
            Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
            Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Echoing nezzerscape's sentiments, yeah, the incentive to join a faction shouldn't be "So I can get the best gear." Also glad you've recognized the power-creep problem.

All in all, awesome stuff. Looking forward to seeing the payoff of your hard work.
              Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
              "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
              UTC -4

Comment

Thank you so much for all the things you do. I wanted to say that I really love the idea of Faction Realignment. I'm looking forward to seeing how this change comes about. Some factions have very few players, and have had very few players for a while now. It would be great to see some energy put into them. Can you give us a hint or two about which factions will be going where?
                GMT -9

Comment

Working...
                X