Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming clean

I did a stupid thing and lead the blue-labelled duergar from the guardhouse spawn up the bridge into whurest, where he killed a bunch of NPCs, i did put him down after that.

Sorry everybody!

I've written this rumor to enact it: http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthr...357#post169357

Please let me know if it's god-modding, to close to NPC presence or Faction-HQ for such an RP post. I just felt like it should have some consequences on my part.
    My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
    Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

People run up there all the time and kill all the npc's because they think they can solo it, its a tough fight after all, has to be to give almost 50rep. its not the first time its happened and if we totaled all the times it did whurest would have like 5 guys left out of the 200

Comment

According to the wiki:

Originally posted by Wiki
      However, give them a position to hold and the defenses to do it and a small group of Whurest warriors can hold off an army if need be.
      Whurest is a fortress and if the dwarves can hold back an army, I doubt one regularly occurring Duergar mob would result in the slaughter you describe in your RP post. It isn't an open-to-the-public, lightly defended faction HQ as represented IG.

You make your hero sound like a champion when he was the source of the problem (kiting the mobs). Personally, I would like to see it reworded.

In short, Whurest is a faction HQ. If folks want to publicly announce the death of our clan members it should be done with DM approval / involvement. As Gamestarmike says, if everyone publicly announced every time this happened Whurest would be long gone.

Comment

Your intentions were noble with the post so I've rewritten in to be more in line with what one would expect of an attack by the dark dwarves rather than just nuking it.

Without a DM around to actually run through events it can be dangerous territory to write rumours posts based off of NPC reactions, the trouble is that the AI is terrible and doesn't really interact with the world setting correctly (IE: NPCs should flee inside and lock the door, not run blindly in derp circles).

That's not to say you shouldn't write stuff based on IG actions, just remember to consider the game world representation vs roleplay sensibilities and of course be prepared for tweaks
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

And thus was born the legend of Urgden Greychops.

Comment

What a dwarf. *wipes a tear away* We'll never see his like again.

(till the next reset).
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Thanks for your constructive replies! In the future I'll be sure to check the wiki for information like this. I haven't really belonged to faction with a stronghold like this yet, so stuff like this may have gone over my head so far.

You make your hero sound like a champion when he was the source of the problem (kiting the mobs). Personally, I would like to see it reworded.
              Yes. yes! I wanted to write something about that, but I could not get the correct wording. I've been writing on so much RP material only to discard it all lately, that I decided to just post something, and let others say it was utter crap. I had a process in mind where My would have to seek out Dryn and recompensate the hold and the relatives left behind. A lot of 'civilian' NPC's died, so I AND My'athvin did feel bad. (But that process would be non-global unlike my post) And there's still room for that in the story.

Thanks Doubt.
              My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
              Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Working...
              X