Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the Status of the Church of Chauntea in Sestra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the Status of the Church of Chauntea in Sestra?

A while back I did an event with some people from Port Avanthyr in Sestra. While there the DM who was running the event (GD?) mentioned that the Church of Chauntea was shut down and its clergy was run out of town.

Flash forward to today, and I was doing some RP with some Blackhand folks and I mentioned the Church of Chauntea in Sestra being shut down and they had no idea what in the hell I was talking about.

Can I get a quick clarification on status of the Church of Chauntea in Sestra? Did I misread what happened in the event or did something else happen?
    Characters
    Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
    Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
    Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

I may very well be wrong, but I believe that the Temple has been reduced to nothing more than a paltry shrine maintained by one or two that still work with the farmers. The rest all fled as the Black Hand took power.
    "Now I know the full power of evil. It makes ugliness seem beautiful and goodness seem ugly and weak." -The Dance of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Dispater View Post
      I may very well be wrong, but I believe that the Temple has been reduced to nothing more than a paltry shrine maintained by one or two that still work with the farmers. The rest all fled as the Black Hand took power.
      This is true, but there had been an event where a group had gone in to save the ones who were left behind.
      Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
      Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I'm trying to find the appropriate post but I seem to remember that the Chauntean clergy got put to the sword and the temple desecrated, a handful were saved by PCs.

Bane and Chautea don't get on.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

When Datton took over, the impression is that the shrine was still there, and that the priestess was aiding the people of Sestra in their crops. Adeo nor I ever saw a reason to rid them of Sestra, as the benefits of their presence out weights any negative. I was given the impression that they still maintain the shrine.
          Active Characters
          Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
          Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
          Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
          Dorin Hammond- Scout
          Seith Ronson- Master of War
          "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
          Socrates
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
            I'm trying to find the appropriate post but I seem to remember that the Chauntean clergy got put to the sword and the temple desecrated, a handful were saved by PCs.

Bane and Chautea don't get on.
            This was the impression I got from the RP event. According to a screenshot of the event, it took place on Jan 12, 2014, if that helps at all.
            Characters
            Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
            Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
            Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

One of my characters met with a priestess of Chautea not to long ago. I had the impression that the shrine in Sestra was heavily regulated, but it still functioned.
              GMT -9

Comment

I was there at the event, and the last of the priestesses was being hunted by the black hand, and we snuck in and got her out in time. As far as I know, we got the last of them out of there.
                Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

I remember the event: it was the introduction of Avara of the Tuatha.

She had been blessing the smithy's tools for the farmers, in order for the worship of the goddess to continue. This was before Marshal Datton, mind, and his particular brand of Baneism. Consider the church initially destroyed, but with Marshal Datton's rule regulated and functional.
                  "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Now we're at it, how about wyntir estate in the spine? My faction leader just mentioned it in a RP post, but I seem to remember GBX had an event where it was destroyed?
                    My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                    Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

It wasn't leveled to the ground if thats what you mean. Its still standing, just has lots of battle scars.

Comment

And occupied by some stranger to the valley!
                        Active Characters
                        Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                        Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                        Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                        Dorin Hammond- Scout
                        Seith Ronson- Master of War
                        "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                        Socrates
                        sigpic

Comment

that's a secret . . . shhh

Comment

Oh, we mean lots of cute goblins made it their castle and is ruled by Gribbly, the Goblin king of the North!

Comment

Originally posted by gamestarmike View Post
                              Oh, we mean lots of cute goblins made it their castle and is ruled by Gribbly, the Goblin king of the North!
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViftZTfRSt8

This is all I can think of when I hear Goblin King.

On topic, thank you so much for the update on the Shrine.
                              GMT -9

Comment

Working...
                              X