Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event - Waste and Void

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event - Waste and Void

Originally posted by Nwilmen
    The first signs of plague came by sea. Infected sailors, once strong-bodied and full of heart, were found in their usual back alley haunts bloated not with drink and merriment, but with blood and pustules. Ghost ships crewed by the sick and dying anchored just out of port in a feeble attempt to stop the spread of disease, but the damage had been done. The urchins and homeless were next - unfortunate souls who were not above picking the pockets of the dying, only to find they'd stolen not gold but death. The volunteers at the Sanctuary soon fell victim, the Ilmatari priests who frequented it overwhelmed by the sudden wave of patients. At least those who made it as far as the front door.

The wasting sickness struck down the healthy within the span of a week, or as little as a day. The freshly cobbled streets, so recently paved over the town's former refuse and decay, were thick with soiled bedclothes, bloody urine, and blackened excrement. Houses sat empty, the dead interred at home with all of their silver still in the cupboards, such a crime deterrent was the fear of infection.

She stood now, high upon the cliffs of Avanthyr, gazing out to sea. At the ships in harbor ablaze with fire, a last gesture of farewell to a people she could not offer the dignity of a proper burial.

"My lady, a visitor is here for you."

The noblewoman's head jerked up from its unfocused staring, now uncomfortably warm in front of the kitchen's hearth. She'd been staring into the flames as her imagination ran wild, and now she struggled not to blink away the stars in her vision as she turned to face the manservant.

"Who is it?"

"Sicarii is calling."

"I'll be along shortly."

The man bowed his head and left. Evelyn took a few short paces away from the fire, running a hand over her face. It was not her habit to become inundated by such horrible fantasies, but once she had sat down to consider the full scope of the problem, the possibilities were staggering. The only recourse was prevention.

A wheezing cough nearby nearly sent the noble's heart out of her chest. A scullery maid, peeling onions on the other side of the heart, was blowing her nose into a handkerchief. Evelyn waited until the pounding in her chest subsided before leaving the kitchen.
    WHO: A team assembled by Lady Evelyn Meriadoc to investigate, and possibly dispense of, the mysterious Blighter of Viridale Forest.

DM: QuillPig

WHEN: Some weekend, TBD by the players. Please discuss availability here in this thread.

RSVPs are appreciated!

Ahoy. My times are in EST.

Availability on weekends are Fridays after 4pm, Saturday all day, and Sunday until 8pm.

Holla back y'all.
    Evelyn Meriadoc - One Step Ahead

Comment

I'm free on Sunday late afternoon/evening this weekend, and then I'm around all next week and can do late events.
      Characters:
      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Good whenever, if a elf is needed.
        I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

Comment

Times PST. Saturday is the best day to have me hereabouts. Usually.
          But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
          - Nessa

Comment

Available with either River or Josie pretty much any time except Wed.
            River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

after 8pm EST...
              Elandra spends much time at the dock, working in the Mariner, that added with her ties with the Viridale she would aid
              Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
              Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
              Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
              Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Lanathas, the local enchanter in the Port would lend a hand if requested. Seeing as his times are a little out of sync with everybody else's its unlikely he will make it though. We shall see.

Also, Lan would donate his supply of Cure disease potions to any infected children and their parents that he might come across.

(P.s. Saturday would be best for me because that would be Sunday morning here, but I'm not sure if I'm even eligible for this event)
                UTC+8
                Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

(( Ok, let's try for this coming Saturday 8/9 starting around 3PM EST. Thaelis, is this too early in the morning?

Sorry, Peridan, but I had two votes for Saturday and one for Sunday.))

Comment

Oh nooo, was hoping Dan would be there! I need sneaky people at my back.

Comment

It's all good! I'll catch the event next time
                      Characters:
                      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by QuillPig View Post
                        (( Ok, let's try for this coming Saturday 8/9 starting around 3PM EST. Thaelis, is this too early in the morning?

Sorry, Peridan, but I had two votes for Saturday and one for Sunday.))
                        It's a bit early...I think that is 3am for me! If it's 5pm EST or later I could make it with a little help from my alarm clock.

But, Peridan's vote should count more than mine, I'm not even a proper member of Avanthyr faction...
                        UTC+8
                        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Sadly, it looks like Evelyn will have to settle for the second rate sneak
                          River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Well, I did say the time of the event was TBD by the players...

Nwilmen, it's your ship. When does she set sail? Saturday or Sunday?

Comment

Since Evelyn planned on Dan being there, I would opt for Sunday afternoon EST. But I wish we could include everybody. :/

A few people replied who Evelyn isn't necessarily aware of or was intending to ask for help, but I am 100% for more the merrier. Unless you guys have a chance to talk to Evelyn in game, maybe anyone else who is interested can talk to you about it, QP?

Comment

Working...
                              X