Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Doomguides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Doomguides

My name is Llethander... and I'm an alt-o-holic.

Soooo Kelemvor has long been one of my favorite deities and I noticed that Doomguide is an available, though locked, PRC on the forums still even what with how Kelemvor ended up. Y'know... dead and all.

Well, I remember a while back there was a thread discussing the fate of the Doomguides and I went through it again yesterday as I was curious about whether a decision had been reached or anything in particular had been set in stone regarding the Doomguide and noticed that there was no actual answer.

I've actually been interested in rolling a character with the intent of becoming a Doomguide but, since Kelemvor's dead, unless another deity were to adopt Kelemvor's faithful I don't know how it'd work. This is what I am most curious about right now and I was hoping we might be able to get a final say regarding the matter.

Danke!

I'm pretty sure I answered this in game, but I can't remember if that was before or after this post, so I'll give my two cents.

Kelemvor and Jergal had similar viewpoints of death in a lot of ways (Maybe not undeath though!) but I can see Jergal also sponsoring Doom Guides. I'll let other DMs give final ruling.

Comment

People can worship dead deities though I forget how drawing power from them works, or if it does. Might matter on what sort of dead Kelemvor is. This might also be a class Lotus wanted to repackage? Always loved this class.
      "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Doomguides aren't currently allowed. That could change pending some intrastaff talk. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about this class when I joined the staff and haven't considered it since.

Comment

@GBX - You did, I was just hoping to get folk thinking about it just in case.

Cool beans, thanks for the word on this. I'll keep my fingers crossed but won't get my hopes up. :3

Comment

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
            People can worship dead deities though I forget how drawing power from them works, or if it does. Might matter on what sort of dead Kelemvor is. This might also be a class Lotus wanted to repackage? Always loved this class.
            It's a feat, and generally worshipping a dead deity means you are worshipping the new deity but don't know it.

In other words, that'd make them myrkulites.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
              It's a feat, and generally worshipping a dead deity means you are worshipping the new deity but don't know it.

In other words, that'd make them myrkulites.
              Welcome friend, the Lord of Bone welcomes you into his fold.

Comment

Working...
              X