Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss something

Not too long ago, I remember the second level of the Necropolis was utterly brutal. People dared not step in there for any reason unless they had company, and very strong/experienced one at that. Granted, the vampires were quite ridiculously strong and required balance (i.e. they would absorb all the damage from my maximized spells), but the feeling of utter fear I had for that place was dead-on. I cannot solo the place like other characters (mainly clerics) can, but I am not afraid to step up there anymore.

Honestly, I miss that feeling.

I know the staff is always working on new content, so I?d like to ask if there is any possibility of restoring the sentiment. I am not saying the second level should be made harder again ? rather, I?d like there to be places that intrigue me and make we wonder what might lie beyond a room, or above a stairwell that I caught a glimpse of as I ran for dear life. The first room of vampires used to do an amazing job at this. I had no idea how deep the tomb would go, I speculated at least six levels, I asked others how deep they had dared to go in, and I often went as deep as I could on my own just to stare at the half-dozen killers that casually stood in that creepy room awaiting any daring trespassers.

The server I used to play on in NWN1 had an area that could only be reached if a player had a key, and the key could only be attained by players who had demonstrated to be among the server?s finest (via DM event). Nobody knew anything of the place for a very long time and there was much, much speculation. The area was called Ildred?s Tomb.

One day, the first five players who had been given a key over the course of weeks got together, put their differences aside, and ventured into the place as a team. When they respawned (they had been warned death would surely come), they spoke of horrors and challenges in that place that would likely not be overcome for a very long time.

With all this said, you get my drift.

Bring on the suspense, fear & speculation!

*bops Fargana over the head* Don't give them ideas! That place still rapes me unless I have good help on hand.
    Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by Zoberraz View Post
      *bops Fargana over the head* Don't give them ideas! That place still rapes me unless I have good help on hand.
      It does everyone.

Comment

i am more afraid of the lag i get in there then the actual monsters inside, though being a paladin im not afraid of them anyways. but things did get a lot easier inside, i was able to clear 1st group of vampires with just hans and eriath, where as before i couldnt even beat 1 blackguard
        "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

Personally I think the second floor is good as it is now. I still have problems up there and that is with characters of the same or so level (10-13). I never go up there unless the group is at least numbering 4 (IC reason and also I hate dying lol)

One on one I can deal with a vampire, but I know it isn't easy. Perfect I say
          Player of: Sakamoto. Warrior following the Way of the Blade.

I can hear what you're thinking,
          All your doubts and fears,
          And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find,
          The reason I'm here.

Comment

Originally posted by bombas238 View Post

Bring on the suspense, fear & speculation!
            Amen.

Comment

the Necropolis is quite a bastion of bad guys, so yea, its tough.
              Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Heh, not all of us can solo it. Maybe your too high level? I went in there with and there were 2 11's, 1 12, and 2 9's or 8's. We had a difficult time and got killed by an ambush ^_^.

Comment

I imagine things might still change in the future. Personally I didn't want to change it but sometimes people feel inclined to listen to the whining of some players who don't like challenges.

Rest assured there will be zones where you will not survive, regardless of level or gear.
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
                    I imagine things might still change in the future. Personally I didn't want to change it but sometimes people feel inclined to listen to the whining of some players who don't like challenges.

Rest assured there will be zones where you will not survive, regardless of level or gear.
                    Damn...I sort of find the way the Necropolis is made now is perfect. Wish it didn't change. To solo/dual it when you are a high level char, alright. But please do not change that if you are level 12 so you can't go there and survive.

Actually I will say that it is well made the way it becomes increasingly difficult. You can solo/dual the zombies relatively quickly, but the moment you get to the second level, the gloves are off
                    Player of: Sakamoto. Warrior following the Way of the Blade.

I can hear what you're thinking,
                    All your doubts and fears,
                    And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find,
                    The reason I'm here.

Comment

Working...
                    X