Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following the rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following the rules

I'm posting this to avoid any further misunderstandings or conflicts..

I log in to play and have fun, for me to do that I have a personal code, I try very hard NOT to break the rules. To that end I will not use one of my characters to do OOC things such as team up with those of opposite alignment to go run an area just to gain gold and treasure. Now if there is a question about whether something or other in the game is functioning correctly or if someone needs to test something OOCly that can benefit the game or help Sundren be better as a whole, then I'll gladly avail any character that I have to help.

I have had a few different players ask me to use my characters to do OOC things that just would not make sense for my character to be doing IC. I try to stay IC as much as possible, so I'm not going to name any names, but I'd appreciate it if we could just stay IC as much as possible.. I know there will be times when OOC talk happens and that's cool, we are all human and that is part of the fun.

So, when I log on as Noric Lyonstongue, expect me to be cold, ruthless, and just plain mean. If on the off chance I log on as Dante' Swift, expect me to be shy, polite and basically a nice Archmagus.
    I sincerely hope everyone takes this message in the spirit of the game, I'm always willing to RP with anyone at anytime, just please don't ask me to break the rules.
    Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

That's heartening to hear, bud.

On the flip side, it's disheartening to hear about the people who ask for that kind of thing. To those people, I offer this.
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Originally posted by [DM] Grinning Death View Post
      That's heartening to hear, bud.

On the flip side, it's disheartening to hear about the people who ask for that kind of thing. To those people, I offer this.
      You are one of the best GD!
      Active Characters
      Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
      Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
      Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
      Dorin Hammond- Scout
      Seith Ronson- Master of War
      "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
      Socrates
      sigpic

Comment

I too have turned down said requests, though I am starting to think the point was to gauge our strengths and weaknesses if they are asking you too.
        [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Yevelian View Post
          I too have turned down said requests, though I am starting to think the point was to gauge our strengths and weaknesses if they are asking you too.
          Which, of course, would be meta gaming the hell out of things. I realize we are at somewhat low numbers, and sometimes you just want to run things with people you know, but it's impossible to do something like this, and not "know" how the other side fights, etc.

End of story- It's a persistant world. We are supposed to be in character. Sure we banter about sometimes, I'm as bad as anyone at that, but what your character does needs to be what your character would do.
          River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
            End of story- It's a persistant world. We are supposed to be in character. Sure we banter about sometimes, I'm as bad as anyone at that, but what your character does needs to be what your character would do.
            Agreed.
            [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Yevelian View Post
              Seriously? "Please come ooc grind with me, so I will know how to better how to pvp you" woah...

Hope you didn't feel I was doing the same when I asked you for some class tips - though I can understand you keeping cards close to you...
              My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
              Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

When I was a player, a few people frequently asked me to go OOC grinding with them, and I always refused and gave the appropriate explanation: our characters wouldn't partner like that. I never saw a reason to stop playing my character to go kill monsters. Some of those people disagreed and said that grinding was OOC and I shouldn't be so uptight about it. Others saw the logic inherent but still chose to go a-slayin' with people they shouldn't.

From a staff perspective, we're not okay with PCs who shouldn't be mingling in that environment doing so. If we catch it, there will be harsh consequences. Of course, players don't typically do this when DMs are online, so the chance of us identifying violators is slim.

Or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
                  From a staff perspective, we're not okay with PCs who shouldn't be mingling in that environment doing so. If we catch it, there will be harsh consequences. Of course, players don't typically do this when DMs are online, so the chance of us identifying violators is slim.

Or is it?
                  Depends. Xp involved?

Seriously, I think those have learned a lesson from this thread. If it persists....we may name names.

Well I might...

[/COLOR]

Comment

One of the funniest rage quits I ever received was when a paladin player who'd been grinding for an hour or so with two BH members suddenly found their were divine consequences for their actions.

Honestly, nothing seems to generate anger and hatred like an alignment shift. There's little that makes me laugh more than watching the petty, impotent and sweary rage of someone who's angry at having to face the consequences.
                    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

My Black Hand member, Duluvan Sule (Necromancer/Pale Master), used to run with Legion members as well as other good-aligned characters and would trade spells with a well-known Hand of Mundis quite a bit prior to the Second Sundering but the big and very IMPORTANT kicker of note was the fact that they did not know about his dealings with the Black Hand nor the fact that he was a Pale Master - I never used the pale master abilities when others were around, kept non-detection up at all times and was never caught running around with undead summoned.

Heck, to this day I don't think any characters, outside of Black Hand members, know about Duluvan's affiliation with them, the fact that I don't play him any more aside.

In Duluvan's case grouping with these individuals was an end to a means: the collection of powerful magics and the development of his skills/abilities. It is possible to IC group evil and good characters of opposing factions for exp grinding purposes but it requires a fair bit of care and tact - mostly on the part of the evil character(s).

But I just can't agree with OOC grinding. That's just stoopid. :<

Comment

Working...
                      X