Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noble ranks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noble ranks?

Does the nobility of sundren have ranks(knight, baron, count) or are they all equally as noble? And if they do have ranks, what are the ranks of currently known nobles(dain, emiliana, byrun, etc).
    "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

I do know that Faucon is a Knight, and Dain is at least a Lord. Both were foreign noble-born, but got Knighted (and Dain later granted Lordship) in game during the course of play. (Considering Faucon was Knighted by a Solar and not the government of Sundren, however, his knighthood likely has a different impact on local politics than, say, the knighting of Esmond Aurelianus.)

Considering most of the PC nobles are not the heads of their houses, they are probably on equal-ish footing with each other, though I would be curious to know as well how each noble house ranks. Considering the small size of the Sundren region, I'd guess they would most likely be equivalent to baronies or counties rather than, say, full duchies or principalities.

I don't know about the Blackwells, considering they came from military stock and weren't born to nobility, I'd wager they would be no more than Knight or Dame, possibly Lord and Lady since the new Emperor was the one who ennobled them. A consideration in that particular case would be if they were given holdings as nobles, and if so, whether they still have to answer to whichever noble house controlled that land prior to them.

And just to clarify, everything beyond my opening statements are primarily conjecture.
    Presea De'Ombre - Fist of the Broken
    Darcy Lothara - Lost Soul
    Miyu Suhayl - Defender of Beauty
    Bryna Ulric - Dark Priestess
    Merry Swiftblade - Swashbuckling Tailor

Comment

Each house, depending on its age, is of different power and wealth. While there's no official ranking, the Blackwells/Tornbrooks are the lowest ranking nobles, the Big Four (Pendraig, Meriadoc, Aurelianus, and Ulsteris) are middle, and Hellstrom/LaCroix are at the top.
      "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Originally posted by Tamha View Post
        I don't know about the Blackwells, considering they came from military stock and weren't born to nobility, I'd wager they would be no more than Knight or Dame, possibly Lord and Lady since the new Emperor was the one who ennobled them. A consideration in that particular case would be if they were given holdings as nobles, and if so, whether they still have to answer to whichever noble house controlled that land prior to them.

And just to clarify, everything beyond my opening statements are primarily conjecture.
        The Blackwells, like the other nobles, are "Lord" and "Lady."

There are other noble houses and other nobles that often make an appearance as NPCs, too, depending on what a particular DM needs for a story.

Comment

Working...
        X