Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random question

If Pvp occurs and you choose to run away, for example if you realise you are probably outmatched are area transitions allowed? Are world map transitions allowed? I would assume the former is ok but the latter is kinda cheesy, unless you tell your opponent where you're going I suupose?

Also, I take 5 times longer than most players to transition, so even if I got a big headstart on someone they'd overtake me every time I transitioned lol.

After a certain amount of area transitions or time would you be considered to have 'escaped' or could someone literally chase you across the whole server all day hehe.

Just random curiosity...wanted to know people's opinion/experience of this, cheers!

((and yes I expect to do a lot of running away if I ever get in Pvp as my character is very weak))
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

It was my understanding that you could be chased through area transitions, but if you reach a world map transition and actually manage to transition away, you are considered to have escaped the PvP. Loss PvP rules still apply (meaning, you shouldn't then turn around, buff, and then go try to ambush the chasing party).

If the chasing party has a locate creature spell though, he might be able to track you down through the world map transition.

I could be wrong though! Somebody correct me if so!

Comment

Simple answer...

Originally posted by Wiki Rules
      -A player who flees through an area transition has left the conflict. When this occurs, the PvP event is considered over. You may use tells to ask the flee-er if they wish to continue the conflict. You may start a new PvP event if you encounter this person again later, but a reasonable amount of time must pass between these events (unless both players consent to continue). Never use the Follow tool or the Player Finder to track them down.
      Taken from http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...ules#PvP.2FCvC

People shouldn't be chasing others through multiple transitions unless the flee-er is cool with it. If everyone's cool with multi-zone chases then please remember that folk have different zone loading times - Don't go using a better load time as a way of killing someone or using it to escape!

As with everything PvP based I highly recommend OOC chats (via /tell) are involved, saves bad feelings or accidents.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

What about transitioning (not by world) but to the next zone, buffing, and coming back? (I've had this happen to me before :P Thought it was unfair.)

Comment

"Area transition" doesn't quite cover our intent with that rule. The understanding is and has been that you can chase through linked areas (e.g., Second Wind Inn --> Tyr's Fork --> Crossroads --> Exigo Trading Post). You can't chase through world map transitions (e.g., Second Wind Inn --> Aquor).

Don't go using a better load time as a way of killing someone or using it to escape!
          Advantage goes to the runner in this situation. If you're in pursuit and you load first, you should wait for the other party to load and continue movement. If you're trying to flee and you load first, keep on running.

Comment

Cool! Thanks, didn't know there was a section on this. Clearly I should have read the wiki first.
            UTC+8
            Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
            Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

The intent seems to be: Don't use transitions to cheese CvC. Don't jump a transition only to heal, buff, go invisible, hide, etc. Then return and attack the character again. Seems pretty fair to me.
              Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
              Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
              Well, you've probably missed it
              There was never anything there
              In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Working...
              X