Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, about that Spirit Shaman change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, about that Spirit Shaman change...

I've noticed since I started playing again that Spirit Shamans have been moved to a single casting attribute, Charisma, rather than needing both Charisma and Wisdom to be competent spellcasters.

...will existing Spirit Shamans created before this change have a one-time chance to adjust their attributes?

I would never have taken quite as much Wisdom as I did if it wasn't necessary for gaining all of my spell levels. Ultimately it gives an advantage to new Shamans that know about the change, as opposed to existing ones that were working under the old system.
    Player of:
    Nadya Frost -
    Witchy Woman (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)
    Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)

All changes to classes are available to those who had them beforehand. See a DM in game to get them.
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Originally posted by [DM] Grinning Death View Post
      All changes to classes are available to those who had them beforehand. See a DM in game to get them.
      Does this change require a deletion/reroll?
      Player of:
      Nadya Frost -
      Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)

Comment

For me it was pretty painless. I used nwn2db's builder to recompute my base stats, the staff set my current stats to the new values, and then I was allowed me to relevel.

Comment

We can change stats, feats etc without resorting to deletions and re-rolls. You'll need to work out the changes in advance and let us know (best done via character request) so we can look up any required feat numbers and do any necessary conversational stuff.
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
            We can change stats, feats etc without resorting to deletions and re-rolls. You'll need to work out the changes in advance and let us know (best done via character request) so we can look up any required feat numbers and do any necessary conversational stuff.
            Will take care of this tonight then, thanks everyone! And none of my feats have any attribute requirements, caster stuff is a bit kinder in that regard.
            Player of:
            Nadya Frost -

Comment

I was told that the stat changes would not be done for this. Since FS went through a similar change. Has this been looked at in a differing light? Please let me know as I have some Wisdom that is no longer essential to my build as well.
              Active Characters
              Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
              Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
              Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
              Dorin Hammond- Scout
              Seith Ronson- Master of War
              "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
              Socrates
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jhickey View Post
                I was told that the stat changes would not be done for this.
                By whom?

AFAIK the staffs been pretty open to releveling anyone affected by the class changes.
                Originally posted by Saulus
                Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I honestly can't remember. I simply asked that I take away 3 points of Wisdom no longer needed to purchase a +1 to Charisma, since my starting Cha was 15 it would of cost 3 to gain the +1. So I was told that he/she didn't want to mess with that ~because it would not make RP sense~ not an exact quote since I can not remember.
                  Active Characters
                  Dorin Hammond- Scout
                  "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                  Socrates
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, you can adjust your stats. It's a shame you can't remember any useful details of the conversation.

Comment

Lotus, you should know I am forgetful by now!
                      Active Characters
                      Dorin Hammond- Scout
                      Socrates
                      sigpic

Comment

Did you maybe forget to mention that your request was in relation to the fvs class change? I would suspect a DM would be unwilling to a random ability swap, but they seem to have been accommodating to this sort of help if it is due to server class changes.

Comment

Despite my love for j'accuse! I wasn't really looking to point fingers with 'by whom?' I was more just curious if this was just some player-side rumor or if a staff member had actually told you that. A lot of the time misinformation gets passed around by 'in the know' players.

Either way, staff can and will hook you up with the changes requested.
                          Originally posted by Saulus
                          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Cool, and thanks.
                            Active Characters
                            Dorin Hammond- Scout
                            Socrates
                            sigpic

Comment

Still trying to catch a DM in-game for this! I have the worst luck catching anyone when they're not busy.
                              Player of:
                              Nadya Frost -

Comment

Working...
                              X