Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite kind of environment in which to socialize?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torture my players and I'll eat your head. =P

And I'll melt your face. - Id
    -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

Comment

Of Chatting and Relaxing

I would like to see a gambling den, a brothel, a casual arena complete with viewing areas, a non-typical tavern... Perhaps one run by a dwarf so that everything is smaller than normal and other races are forced to deal with the issues of a low cieling... Perhaps a huge library for sharing of recipies and spells... Or perhaps even a monestary with echoing halls for quiet discussion... Different characters require different atmospheres in which to breathe. If you are looking for one general social area for people to meet and greet, your best bet would be either a market or a tavern... The more off-the-beaten-path it is, the more it will be enjoyed... A tavern with bookshelves with books written by players perhaps? A side room much like a trinket shop for consignment items to be sold? A basement in the tavern with a gambling den inside? An upper floor with a library for the books perhaps complete with brothel on the third story? And then perhaps an arena "out back" hidden from the prying eyes of the city complete with bookies for wagers... A stage for Bards and Dancers to entertain the crowds and accept tips from the patrons... Combine everything into one massive building set out away from the city so as to become a lodge of sorts...

"The Lady-Luck Lodge: Lounges, Libraries, Liquers, and Livelihood!"

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
      "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
      Eldraxus Tzyvioq
      Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss View Post
        I second Godbeast's opinions. RP spots should be spread out everywhere, and greatly varied to accommodate many different kinds of characters.
        Yeah, thats ideal. Thieves should have a den of sorts where they can congregate and so on for other classes. To have good plays and evil plays meeting up in the same tavern can be fun, but it shouldn't always be the case.
        - Faltru

Comment

Originally posted by VFoxcraft View Post
          And I'll melt your face. - Id
          Oh, So Id, you're a shadowpriest now? (gah, WoW days come back to haunt me)

But to me, I prefer a Central Marketplace type area--lots of merchants around, a few fountains, the street-wise bard on a makeshift stage singing songs or reciting poetry. It seems to be the most logical place for player interactions. Everyone needs the bear necessities in life, all of which can usually be "aquired" (for you sneaky sneaky types out there) here.

Like Godbeast said, it depends on my character. Druids (when they're actualy IN a town or outpost) prefer to be in a park to relax, whereas wizards tend to flock to the local library. Heck, my Dread Necromancer from my PnP days used to find the closest graveyard to see what he could pilfer from recently buried corpses. It depends on the character being played---however I still stick to my original idea of a central Marketplace where people come together to get their local news and wares.
          "The Weave is the source of all magic in Faerun, and I would give my life to protect it!"
          Selene Canadiel--Knight of the Weave
          "I have failed you once....I will not fail you again!"
          Sylvanas Kathar--Thayan Knight

Comment

are we talking ooc or ic? if ooc than a room thats sequesterd away from the main game that you have to get to from in game, i hate those initial open cham ber greet rooms people congrigate there and lag out the place so its hard to get to the inital areas. but make a small area with an inn style place inside and out side. a seperate section to do you core sinful works again too much content to be in a main area put it in the basement as an illegal gambling den or what have you.

in game i dont thing there should be set areas for sociallizing people set that dynamic for them selves and they tend to find pretty odd areas to do so, years of dming table top dnd is that players never do the expected and never do what you plan so plan accordingly
            Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

Originally posted by Grigori View Post
              I would like to see a gambling den, a brothel, a casual arena complete with viewing areas, a non-typical tavern... Perhaps one run by a dwarf so that everything is smaller than normal and other races are forced to deal with the issues of a low cieling... Perhaps a huge library for sharing of recipies and spells... Or perhaps even a monestary with echoing halls for quiet discussion... Different characters require different atmospheres in which to breathe. If you are looking for one general social area for people to meet and greet, your best bet would be either a market or a tavern... The more off-the-beaten-path it is, the more it will be enjoyed... A tavern with bookshelves with books written by players perhaps? A side room much like a trinket shop for consignment items to be sold? A basement in the tavern with a gambling den inside? An upper floor with a library for the books perhaps complete with brothel on the third story? And then perhaps an arena "out back" hidden from the prying eyes of the city complete with bookies for wagers... A stage for Bards and Dancers to entertain the crowds and accept tips from the patrons... Combine everything into one massive building set out away from the city so as to become a lodge of sorts...

"The Lady-Luck Lodge: Lounges, Libraries, Liquers, and Livelihood!"

These are all impressive ideas. We as a team do not intend to pursue some of them but I'm fairly certain an ambitious player could bring them to life if he or she worked hard enough within the boundaries of the game world while working with developers.

Expect a library, very limited gambling, player written material to pop up around the world and some form of stage or playhouse.
              Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Working...
              X