Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING: MULTISHOT folks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING: MULTISHOT folks...

hey folks first off if this should be in the bug section please move.

but if not, I just want to mention to anyother achers out there, to be mindful if you have "ANYONE" targeted and hit a hot bar multishot it will hit them. foe or not. I just downed a fellow player by accident, and I wanted to put this out there. its a pain for the victim as well as the shooter. I apologized and rasied the guy that it happened to, and out 800gp for the raise.
    just saying that it may be a game mechanic but its a pain and be mindful.

it could be my inexperience with the feat, but it has some unwanted results that I wished to shear .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Most activated feats like this do the same thing.

I've seen Feint-based rogues on other servers melt someone in a round because they leaned on their feint hotkey while RPing with someone.

Just gotta be careful!
    Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

i felt like a bag of shit. so i thought i would post this.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

Yeah, this is a common error on a lot of servers. To my knowledge, there's no way to fix it because it's an obsidian bug. Probably the best that could be done is to remake the feat and swap out the old one for the new one.
        It is better to try and fail than to never try at all. Those who never try are cursed to wonder what might have been.

Comment

* pat pat * I've done similar things. I once accidentally Fingerered of Death someone standing next to me at a campfire. And this was back when Death was super duper harsh too. =X

If you're still out there Ru'umel, please forgive meeee!

Comment

I don't think this has ever happened to me before, guess I'm just lucky so far! During combat I never click-select though, I use auto-target hotkey which I suppose minimises the problem.
            UTC+8
            Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
            Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

During combat I never click-select though, I use auto-target hotkey which I suppose minimises the problem.
              If you're not tab-cycling for targets as an archer, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

even so, I still hit my cat on occassion. Or Abby, whichever is the most fun at the moment. But yeah tab button cycle and use default action (x) is the way to go. Though the distance is often against you, even with swift tracker
                My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by wangxiuming View Post
                  * pat pat * I've done similar things. I once accidentally Fingerered of Death someone standing next to me at a campfire. And this was back when Death was super duper harsh too. =X

If you're still out there Ru'umel, please forgive meeee!
                  Im sure you only did it for the innuendo!

Comment

I ... have no words. =P

Comment

Any archer or slinger will do it on occasion. You just have to hope that you catch it before you kill someone.
                      Erolith Mornmist Undead Hunter
                      Kraken Priest and crafter
                      Fingers O'Hoolihan Inebriated Monk

Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned immaculate!

Comment

You can bind 'target nearest hostile' which works pretty well for achers. Tab works well too, but sometimes if there's a lot of enemies its hard to figure out where you're aiming.

I think I've got:

L: Target nearest hostile
                        K: Perform default action

So L --> K starts pew-pewing.
                        Originally posted by Saulus
                        Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

The tab rotation function works on hostiles only as well, but perhaps you can't start cycling hostiles if a mate is targeted?

Comment

You can tab-cycle just fine with a friendly targeted. It will move off them immediately and start cycling between enemies only (as it should). This isn't really a case of anything being bugged. It's no different, really, from aiming a fireball poorly.

Mistakes happen, people should understand, try not to hit activated feats while a buddy is selected.
                            Aleister Kimaris - Dragonblooded Knight of the Northern Watch

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
                              I think I've got:

L: Target nearest hostile
                              K: Perform default action

So L --> K starts pew-pewing.
                              Ditto, for me its Q-->E for attack and Q-->1 for Multishot. Found its the most convenient since Q is closest to my multishot hotkey.

Q and E are just junk buttons for sidestepping or something. So as long as you weren't planning any fancy dance moves you'll be fine.
                              UTC+8
                              Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                              Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Working...
                              X