Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question - Creature Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Creature Types

So this is my first time round playing a Ranger and I'm not sure what I should pick as my favoured enemies (aside from the obvious ones).

I just wanted to ask, things like Aberrations, Magical Beasts, or Dragons what sort of creatures in game are representative of these creature types?

Also, if I wanted to choose Drow as one of my favoured enemies (I am an Elf), then I'd have to choose FE: Elf right? In PnP I know you aren't allowed to choose your own race unless you are Evil, is that a rule here too?
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

I would think that you are allowed to pick Elf for the reason that there isn't a 'Drow' one. But that's just me! =)
    Characters:

Elizabeth Brooks
    Human Cleric of Tyr, Initiate of the Just
    Vivian Shadechild
    Wanderer of Innocence and Hugs

Useful Information for Casters:
    Sundren Spell Costs | Custom Sundren Spells

Comment

Originally posted by thaelis
      So this is my first time round playing a Ranger and I'm not sure what I should pick as my favoured enemies (aside from the obvious ones).

I just wanted to ask, things like Aberrations, Magical Beasts, or Dragons what sort of creatures in game are representative of these creature types?
      I can't really think of any good in-game examples of Magical Beasts or Dragons (Well, there's one dragon but I don't he'd be worth taking FE for). It's not like Sundren is beset with problematic unicorns or anything like that.

Originally posted by thaelis
      Also, if I wanted to choose Drow as one of my favoured enemies (I am an Elf), then I'd have to choose FE: Elf right? In PnP I know you aren't allowed to choose your own race unless you are Evil, is that a rule here too?
      That seems like a phenomenally stupid rule. So, no. You don't need to be evil to take your own race, plus you're correct, Drow come under elf anyway.
      Last edited by Doubtful; 10-05-2013, 10:34 AM.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
        It's not like Sundren is beset with problematic unicorns or anything like that.
        LOL'd hard. Please don't say such things...what if Saulus reads it and has a sudden epiphany, the next update could very well be called Sundren: Unicorn Invasion.
        UTC+8
        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

After a long flight spent playing RUA2 and thinking about additions to the ExiCorp Constructed Peacekeeping Units range of products (Because Enforcment Droid is just to obvious) I did very, very seriously think about adding in dangerous unicorns.

Trailey rainbow vfx and all.
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

What have you guys done?!

Comment

Undead is always a solid choice as a ranger FE, as is Orc. Human isn't bad either, considering the majority of the pvp you might eventually have some day involves them on one side or the other. Giants aren't a bad idea either. There's now an entire area devoted to giant-type monsters, as well as the frost giant's quest. Outsiders is another great choice. Eventually, the abyss will get finished, and there are outsiders in the swamps in the mossdale, as well as in Argyle. Just some ideas.
              Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

Im balancing my final choice on constructs and giants as well... Outsiders seems a valid choice by far. Constructs as an FE seems a nice damage bonus to a DR heavy type, but theres just so many giants around! There's something inherently satisfiying in dealing large amounts of damage to large targets...
                My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                  After a long flight spent playing RUA2 and thinking about additions to the ExiCorp Constructed Peacekeeping Units range of products (Because Enforcment Droid is just to obvious) I did very, very seriously think about adding in dangerous unicorns.

Trailey rainbow vfx and all.
                  Byrun will take 10, delivered to Mirakus Post. Thanks.
                  Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
                  Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
                  Well, you've probably missed it
                  There was never anything there
                  In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy2003 View Post
                    ....but theres just so many giants around! There's something inherently satisfiying in dealing large amounts of damage to large targets...
                    This is classic, stage-1 dwarf-itis.

Comment

Originally posted by kuscotopia View Post
                      This is classic, stage-1 dwarf-itis.
                      and we all know dwarf-itis is halfway to gnomedom!
                      My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                      Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Working...
                      X