Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Spells - Seeable or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Spells - Seeable or Not?

I was wondering if the spells, like mage armor, or protection from alignment, and all those things with those weird visual effects are really visible? Or is it just because NWN2 wanted to implant all those things to make it look flashy?

Personally, whenever I cast Protection from Evil, I get a cool little halo above my head that makes me look like a good little student in class. You know, hands clasped together and an angelic smile? XD

Dude, it's D&D. However you want to imagine it is fine, because the whole world only exists in your head.
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

99.9% of the spells with a lasting visual effect on NWN2 have no visual effect at all on D&D Bioware/Obsidian just wanted to appeal to the seizuring kids who think the more sparkles and swirling colors, the more uber it is.
      Ashley, the social chameleon.

---

Lockindal: "All PVP is an epeen fight."

Comment

Flashy... definitely to make you look flashy.

It's all about how flashy you look in those bad-ass adventures.

What?

Never seen Neverending nights?

~ Alaric, Humble servant to the God of Guardians.

Comment

Suuure, but It lets people point out that this person is a mage, or this person isnt a mage.. Or this troll is a mage because of the big flowery lights around him!

Comment

I see you have met Thom and Anailra...

~ Alaric, Humble servant to the God of Guardians.

Comment

In the interactive DVD Scourge of Wolds, a Priest of Pholtus used Shield of Faith on himself against an attacking Earth Elemental. There was no visual effect after the sparkly prayer until the elemental actually came and smacked him, which showed a field of protection shimmer and take part of the blow for him.

Spells might not have outward visual effects as flashy as NWN2... but I think there should still be some taken into account. When you're missing due to a deflection bonus, well, you've been deflected - obviously enough!
              Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by boreas View Post
                I see you have met Thom and Anailra...

It wasn't me!! *totally lying*
                Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
                ------------------------------------------------
                Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonTears View Post
                  99.9% of the spells with a lasting visual effect on NWN2 have no visual effect at all on D&D Bioware/Obsidian just wanted to appeal to the seizuring kids who think the more sparkles and swirling colors, the more uber it is.
                  LOL, I'm pretty sure I'm one of these kids.
                  -Player of Druid Rosalyn Leafall
                  and Bard Ancora Dallenson-

Afterism (n) - A concise, clever statement you don't think of until too late.
                  --John Alexander Thom
                  This is the story of my life.

Comment

Yup, ive met Thom the troll. Almost attacked him...

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
                      Yup, ive met Thom the troll. Almost attacked him...
                      Until Jaggath went. "Notice the flashy colors. He's a mage."
                      Jaggath Tharn, Better Than Sex.

Lenier Miloan, Totally a Tormtar.

Comment

Heh, exactly. The whole reason i bring up this thread ^_^, and I think I read something about somone putting some spell thingy that will change the looks or whatever.. Mmaaaybe im wrong, I read alot of things!

Comment

Depends on the spell, but most spells with bubbles should not be visible, except for shield.

Comment

I'd imagine some of them would definitely have a visual effect, but I don't think it'd be the crazy effects NWN2 has. Mage armor, for example, would probably just form a magical armor (which would probably be concealed by the robe, anyway); Shield would probably create a magical shield but it'd be mostly transparent. You get the idea.
                            Former creator for the PRC

Comment

Personally I think that everyone being stars is awsome- and pretty- and shiny... ooo shiny... I like shiny. ^_^

Alcander Nefezen-'Sometimes, I wonder, does a Dragon see the same colours as I?"

Comment

Working...
                              X