Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Toolset] Using Sundren custom bits - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Toolset] Using Sundren custom bits - help?

Not sure where this is supposed to go, so I'll put it here, and it can be relocated if this is not the right place.

So I've been wrestling with the toolset on the side, making armour sets and stuff (for that one person who knows what I'm talking about, no, "stuff" does not mean "centaurs with horrifying assets"). Making armour has been tons of fun--especially since I'm planning out something to use that custom item look on--but I can't seem to access the custom graphics Sundren uses for their armour and stuff (e.g. iconic Blackwood pauldrons, arm guards that go over the hands, some of the more awesome helmets, etc.).

I appreciate anyone with greater toolset-fu skills to help me access these custom bits?
    But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
    - Nessa

You will have to load in all the .hak files. If you click on module properties and select the .hak section in the pane that opens you can begin adding them. They should be located in your NWN2 directory in your my documents folder. Hope that is specific enough.

Comment

It's specific enough. Just add the ones with "sundren" in their names?

EDIT: So, I've uploaded all the files starting with "sundren", but so far the only properties I got are some full plate/half plate options, some cloak options, a new shoulder (not Blackwood)...and that's about it. Definitely missing other files, but I'm not sure which ones Sundren uses, since I also accidentally downloaded some other server files during those times I mistakenly clicked on them instead of Sundren and only found out some time later. :P
      Last edited by Lugwy; 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM.
      But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
      - Nessa

Comment

No, you need all the ones sundren uses, off the top of my head thats aroundish 100 haks.
        The sundrenXX.2da ones need to be first on the list.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

That's awkward, because I only found 18 haks in the hak folder with "sundren" in the file name and only 2 of them have "2da" in their names.
          - Nessa

Comment

Yup, 2 2da files, a few explicitly named sundren then a folder full.of others.
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

should be a folder named 'Hak' in the main directory of the NWN2 folder. Should be full of files.. Lots of them.

Comment

Most of our clothing haks start with ap_
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

If you've logged in to other servers, your hak folder will have a bunch of stuff that isn't Sundren's. If you want to make it easy on yourself, empty your hak folder and log in to Sundren. You will then download all of the Sundren haks and other materials and you'll know they're relevant to your toolset needs.

When you decide to log in to a different server, first rename your hak folder to hak.sundren, and then create a new, empty hak folder. The new server's haks will download into the new hak folder, keeping them separate from Sundren's. To play Sundren again, simply rename your hak folder to hak.server (or whatever you like), and rename hak.sundren to hak.
                  Originally posted by Cornuto
                  Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Flushing the hak folder--Sundren is the only one I'm playing, and all those other hak files are from derp connections back when the server list was still up.

Crossing fingers.

EDIT: All systems green. Thanks so much, everyone!
                    Last edited by Lugwy; 01-18-2013, 12:10 AM.
                    - Nessa

Comment

Working...
                    X