Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pit

Is it just me or would the pit fill up with water? And depending on the porousness of the rock and the influx of rivers/rainwater, might even become a lake...

That would be cool to have right in the middle of the valley, and would provide a nice spot for future aquatic monsters etc to come from.
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

Originally posted by thaelis
    That would be cool to have right in the middle of the valley, and would provide a nice spot for future aquatic monsters etc to come from.
    A Sundrite-radiated underwater caverns dungeon would be pretty awesome.

Although I suppose we sort of already have that with the Aqueducts.
    -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Originally posted by Rhifox View Post
      A Sundrite-radiated underwater caverns dungeon would be pretty awesome.

Although I suppose we sort of already have that with the Aqueducts.
      But does it have the Loch-ness monster?!
      UTC+8

Characters
      Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

It would be sooo cool when the city falls to the ground again(as flying cities often do). WOOOSH - aquatic server!
        My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
        Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

I got bored once and wrote up an underwater saughuin village complete with an underwater research station constructed by Oghma's faithful but now staffed by Umberlean agents in fancy diving armour. To get there required traversing an evil temple and riding a giant mechanical fish/sub out to the underwater base...

There were strangely bred cannibal whalers involved somewhere as well.

I think if we were going to take the sundrenite mutents into the aquatic dimension the best place would be the Mirakus Mines via a flooded lower layer or chambers. For other underwater based beasties Sundren has a coastline along three compass points and already boasts a large lake near Aquor and probably has numerous swampy bits.

That's not to say that the big, dark, magically created hole in the centre of the country isn't going to be used for something, it's just not likely to be boating.
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

I would imagine whatever drains the abbadon drains the pit (probably into Budo's village!!!)
            Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
            Cybil Gelley (Retired)
            Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Originally posted by Fezzik View Post
              I would imagine whatever drains the abbadon drains the pit (probably into Budo's village!!!)
              I like this plan. we need the random encounter system to give a small chance of drowned gnomes.
              It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
              Sydney Smith.

Comment

I could finish this dungeon...

Comment

That looks....Nice. I'm pretty sure your graphics are better than mine, but still, very nice.
                  UTC+8

Characters
                  Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

New Dungeon?! Looks fantastically eerie and atmospheric. =)

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                      I could finish this dungeon...

Please do!

Comment

So how does the city get fresh water now anyway?

Comment

Every faucet is a portal to the plane of water.

Comment

Rich people, or poor people?

Luckily it does rain a lot in Sundren, so rainwater harvesting and collecting run off from mists and low-level cloud is fine for a lot of people (don't mind the bits), kegs and barrels of finest mineral water are popular amongst the richer families of the more opulent districts.

The poorer districts have it rougher though, lots of people trying to drink dirty or contaminated water with some rather nasty side effects (Anyone fancy an aerial cholera outbreak) with a lot more people offering tribute to Talona before (Please mistress of illness and poisons, if I offer you this tribute so my family may drink this water and be safe, rather than vomiting their faces off).

No doubt there's a rampant trade of former snake oil salesmen turning a pretty coin with various potions, tablets and powders that are said to purify fouled water but do (in the best case) nothing. The same probably bottle up rain water and sell it as the purest waters collected straight from the elemental plane of water, absolutely guaranteed to quench any thirst and prevent parching for days.

Edit: Oh, and small beer. Never forget the small beer, probably more common that water for many households before the sundering, let alone after it!
                            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                            X