Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Time vs 1 Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren Time vs 1 Year

What is the conversion rate of Real Time to Sundren Time?
    "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

There isn't. To paraphrase Saulus' previous posts on the subject, "Time is left vague."
    -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Rhifox is quite correct. Game time is a fluid notion with no set conversion rate into real units.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Ah I see I see, I was mainly curious as I was attempting to figure out how long ago in Sundren history did the Demons take over Argyle.
        "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Everything in Sundren has happened in one month in one year of the Forgotten realms.... everyone knows that!... A giant Meteor, Exigo being possessed, a war with the Lizards that lasted a long time (at least a couple days in Sundren time!), the war with the Luskans and now the Bloodmaim war... It's just a busy place

* runs away giggling *
          Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
          Cybil Gelley (Retired)
          Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Cheeky monkey.

I think a firmer timeline is being worked on, but nothing is concrete yet.

As for Argyle... If memory serves correctly no character has really bothered to investigate what actually happened and when. Instead they just tend to go "Wooo! Stuff to kill, if I get the right AC then I'm fine! Grinding time"*

I assume this is because you all play violent deranged killers with no morals or conscience.

*It may have happened with another DM and I've just not seen the info. If it has, I apologize. The last statement still stands though.
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Paladin posse 1.0 investigated (Dain, Angelise, Secalia, et alium). They know things.

It may have happened with another DM and I've just not seen the info. If it has, I apologize. The last statement still stands though.

Yes.
              Originally posted by Cornuto
              Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                If memory serves correctly no character has really bothered to investigate what actually happened and when. Instead they just tend to go "Wooo! Stuff to kill, if I get the right AC then I'm fine! Grinding time"
                My reasoning - I can't necessarily speak for other players - but I never try to force the DMs to develop a particular story just because I might be curious about something. For all I know the staff might not be ready to pursue that particular path for whatever reason, or is busy working on something else. I think we generally just go with the flow of whatever the DMs decide to do. Then again, if you guys want more intervention from the players, I can dig it.
                Avery Selino - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIP4Q_L5iCM
                Davey Brinnerstaal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3c-X86Y6o
                Fregrin Ross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

The songs have absolutely nothing to do with the characters. But they are awesome songs.

Comment

Originally posted by ForsakenMustache View Post
                  My reasoning - I can't necessarily speak for other players - but I never try to force the DMs to develop a particular story just because I might be curious about something. For all I know the staff might not be ready to pursue that particular path for whatever reason, or is busy working on something else. I think we generally just go with the flow of whatever the DMs decide to do. Then again, if you guys want more intervention from the players, I can dig it.
                  Intervention from people and players is always good.

There are dozens and dozens of unresolved plot hooks out there in server lore, let alone the ongoing metaplot, subplots, tangents and player or character driven stories.

Having people pick those up, or work on their own stuff, through event requests - "Hi Mr DM, I'd like to work towards X, and this is how I'm going to do it" is infinitely more rewarding than having to come up with some spurious off-the-cuff event in response to a typical "Hi, I'm bored. Run me something random."

Of course, that's not to say we don't enjoy running our own stuff, those who've had the misfortune to be around the past couple of days have learned the hard way that I've been reading cold war spy thrillers (Le Carre and Deighton, rather than Flemming or McNabb) and existential horror recently (So that's lots of talk, introspection, blurred morality and very little action).

It is much more rewarding for us, and probably most players, when there is an investment made in the game world and developing its stories and the stories of the characters that inhabit it.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

If we werent all violent sociopaths we would get nothing done on sundren... You can only roleplay for so long about hating your boss and wishes taxes werent so high before you have to go out and murder things just to maintain your sanity!
                    Originally posted by roguethree
                    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I'll force a moral and social conscience on you yet! *shakes fist*
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

When I RP on Sundren I tend to assume things are in realtime if given no other frame of reference; like referring to the Battle for the Viridale as "a couple weeks ago." But in truth time moves at the speed of plot, so you have to mentally be able to live with the idea that there is no fixed rate of time.

In the end the only two measurements of time that matter are "recently" and "awhile ago".
                        Player of:
                        Nadya Frost -
                        Witchy Woman (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)
                        Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)

Comment

So that's why I'm insane in my real life!

Comment

Working...
                          X