Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question on Aasimar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on Aasimar

I was toying around with the character builder at NWN2DB and I saw that the Aasimar are only capable of attaining Human gods at character creation. I was wondering why this is; what is the lore behind celestial's? Couldn't those of the Seldarine court have Aasimar progeny?
    "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Perhaps I found the answer to my question - In the Forgotten Realms campaign setting Aasimar were most commonly found in the eastern lands of Unther and Mulhorand, where they were the descendants of the good deities who once walked among the mortals during the Time of Trouble.

However it still only states that MOST of them are.

Comment

We can assign a different deity after character creation in the case of non clerical classes.

Creating a cleric class would obviously present a problem and you'd probably remain restricted as it is now.

You planning on applying for September's Bio contest?
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

When I was researching Aasimar for one of my many previous failed bio entries, I found that the Forgotten Realms wiki indicated that Aasimar are descendants of Gods or Angels who mated with humans. So, essentially any good Celestial Being. As far as I know, in FR lore this has only happened with deities of the human pantheons and their servants. So the Aasimar are humans in which the recessive celestial traits have surfaced.

I suppose the Seldarine could have mated with mortals. Though this seems unlikely and even if they did it would probably be with the races of elves resulting in an elven-variant of the Aasimar.

I do believe that a character with this background would be breaking new ground, but I may be wrong. It's an interesting concept anyway.
        Account Name: LuvHandles
        Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
        Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
        Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
        Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
        Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
        Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
          We can assign a different deity after character creation in the case of non clerical classes.

Creating a cleric class would obviously present a problem and you'd probably remain restricted as it is now.

You planning on applying for September's Bio contest?
          No was just simply interested in the lore behind them etc. As I was building character concepts for my new Shadowbane Stalker and mapping out certain Aspects of my build such as feat progression etc. I knew that the hard coding of NWN2 would provide an issue with clerical based classes, it was simply something I wasn't 100% clear on with the lore. Snowmanes post does clear up quite a bit of it. Although I will probably end up submitting a post at some point for a Skald style RDD

Comment

Working...
          X