Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randomly placed trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randomly placed trap

I don't know who it was that thought it would be a great idea to place a trap on the road coming up towards the Rural Farm from the Gate of the Sunderer, but you forgot to take it with you when you logged out or left the area. I roll up a level 3 alt, head up the road, kill some bandits, cool.

Suddenly DC 20 reflex save, 47 damage to my 39 health. This puts me at -8 hp and two ticks later I'm respawning.

It wasn't even attended by anyone ICly. It was just there in the middle of the road, like it was serving some purpose. I think it's great that you guys have cool toys like that, but I just don't really think that was the place to lay it down.

Even if it was for something IC, like a thief character concept or something, and that was to soften up a traveler, was a newbie zone the best zone to place the damn thing?

If it's unreasonable then I be surprised or miffed about this, I apologize, but I really think stuff like that could be used with a little more deft and tact. The whole thing had a roller skate on the steps sort of feeling to it.

---Edit---
    Lost my Greatsword too. 2 minutes in.
    Vallette Fleischer - Cleric of Bane

What's with the griefing going on? Seriously, I haven't seen it this bad in over the year or so I've played here. Seems like it's only against specific evil players, too. This is getting a little ridiculous.
    "Life is a game. The only thing that matters is whether you're a pawn or a player."

~Zvarich

Comment

Sorry to hear that, nobody likes surprises like that.

What I can say on the matter though is just some common sense:

It is possible IC'ly for enemies of the state to boobytrap areas. However, if you're going to lay traps and leave them:

1) NEVER lay them near or around transitions.

2) Consider the average level of players that go through the area you want to trap. In this case, the area that TTC's character got caught in has the most traffic in those that are lvl 3-5. common sense would say lay a less deadly trap. You want to lay a deadly trap, stick it where level 10+ people commonly travel, where their saves or spot check at least has a chance of not Ganking them outright.

3) If you're going to lay something a little stronger (still not as strong as the one TTC described), lay it somewhat off the beaten path and set some bait. A valuable object or something that will lure the curious or greedy into your waiting snare.

Again, for the encounter described by TTC, there is a bit of unfairness to it just due to the unbalance of the setup.
      Dice Rolling Site
      Pathfinder SRD
      D&D SRD
      SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

Working...
      X