Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attacks on Hostile Faction HQs - Bunker & Citadel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacks on Hostile Faction HQs - Bunker & Citadel

There currently appears to be some confusion over some aspects of the servers PvP and general etiquette policies regarding attacks on faction HQs.

Let's get this cleared away now.

The Black Hand Citidel and Veritas Bunker are considered Highly Populated areas for the purposes of server rules - ANY attempt to penetrate these areas MUST take place with DM supervision.

The fact that you can do so without DM supervision shouldn't factor into it. The players of the Black Hand and Veritas factions could very easily slaughter every NPC in the cities and good temples if they were so inclined, it's a testament to the general attitude of the players that it hasn't been done more often.

It's very depressing therefore to see that some players have taken to storming hostile factions HQs and boast openly about how little resistance they encountered.

The game engine and general mapping restrictions mean that it is pretty much impossible for us to represent certain aspects of the game world as they should be without bringing peoples computers to their knees. This is doubly true for city and HQ areas. Please treat ANY HQ area as you would the temples or highly populated areas - Remember the bigger picture, the world setting, the fact we can't keep a continual representation of everything running at every moment and don't raid them without a DM overseeing it!

To clarify for anyone hard of thinking:

DO NOT ATTACK FACTION HQs WITHOUT A DM ON THE DM CLIENT OVERSEEING THINGS.
    IF YOU ATTACK WITHOUT A DM YOU WILL BE PUNISHED HEAVILY.

Capisce?
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

This is also covered in our PvP rules.

http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...ules#PvP.2FCvC

-PvP combat is permitted everywhere in Sundren. However, you should consult with a DM before attacking in cities, towns, or highly-populated areas. Witnesses and guards might intervene, and it would be unfair to all parties involved to allow unintelligent, un-possessed NPCs to represent reactions to a violent conflict.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I'm pleased with this clarification. I've seen a few folks doing this, but did not realize it was against the rules in such a fashion.
      [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Is the Veritas Bunker the cave entrance at the bottom? I have never entered there.I always go up the cliff and enter that part. Just want to make sure when I have been gone for banners there, I wasn't breaking the rules
        Active:
        Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
        Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
        Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
        Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

Correct, the cave at the bottom. The rest of it is fair game.
          Originally posted by Cornuto
          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Just clarifying. The Necropolis and the Cartel above and around Aquor are not in the same category, Right?
            I know there is frequent conflict in the Necropolis and as far as I'm aware everyone is comfortable with that.

Comment

Those areas are all good and clearly meant to have PCs in them. The Banite Citadel and Veritas Bunker have faction-important NPCs in them, Donation Boxes, storage, and the like. They're very different than the areas people normally adventure in.
              Originally posted by Cornuto
              Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful
                To clarify for anyone hard of thinking:

DO NOT ATTACK FACTION HQs WITHOUT A DM ON THE DM CLIENT OVERSEEING THINGS.
                IF YOU ATTACK WITHOUT A DM YOU WILL BE PUNISHED HEAVILY.

Capisce?
                You are speaking directly at me. I have gone into the Citadel on numerous occassions and I've written about it in RP posts in the past. Not sure why this most recent post drew attention that previous ones did not. Nevertheless, I am not on the server to break the rules and will henceforth only do so with a DM overseeing my actions.

Never the fear the truth.

Cheers!
                Cheers!

Comment

It was my understanding that the Necropolis Lower and Upper graveyards were affiliated with the Myrkulites and thusly Black Hand territory. I've attacked a few groups in that place. Due to one of the PvP rules, I generally don't even have to wait for them to finish combat. I can just wait for them to pull a big group and jump in after advising they retreat from the location and never come back, since the Myrkulite skeletons and zombies are friendly to me. Skull Bombs and Mass Inflict spells generally seal the deal on their retreat.

-Please do not engage in PvP if your target is in combat with NPCs unless you are affiliated with the NPCs' faction. The AI is not smart enough to know there are two targets to attack instead of one, which creates an unrealistic match. If you are part of their faction, they wouldn't attack you, so the rule is moot.
                  Vallette Fleischer - Cleric of Bane

Comment

"Capisce?"

I understand now that we are not supposed to go into faction areas without DM assistance. The meaning was not to taunt the server or anyone else that might be offended by our actions. We were merely fulfilling an RP that was started with high level Cartel participation a couple months ago.

Let me be straight about this - there have been numerous posts about certain Cartel members sneaking into the Banite Fortress for very specific reasons. I have cut and pasted one such post that was made awhile ago talking about our plans.

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18696

Subsequently, other high level Cartel members thought this was a good RP story and we acted upon it. This was not a one time deal and it wasn't to tweak anyone's nose "real world" but to put this RP plan into action - to make everyone fear the Cartel, to let them know that we can penetrate anywhere at anytime.

I was always transparent concerning this RP and did not try to hide it. We posted a few anecdotes about our plans and dealings and hoped to garner DM support, but nothing happened. Furthermore, these posts were out there and nobody complained and no DMs proposed retribution.

I just wonder why this has happened now, after many months of RP and posts?

I stress again, this was a long term RP plan that was well thought out by numerous senior Cartel members, not a lark.

We even found a Banite volunteer last night that helped with the RP and they were not offended and seemed to enjoy the event. If we had known that we required DM support, we would have asked DM Q&A, who was on at the time we assailed the fortress.

However, I now understand the rules and will abide by them.

Comment

This is not a thread for discussion, this is an open statement of what the rules are (and this is already covered by existing rules). It should be very clear what is griefing to people.

Quite simply, it should be just assumed you can't attack the protected part of a base (especially where their storage is, and respawn) without DM intervention. NPCs were ignored, and powergaming was employed (and much to my dismay in some cases new players were involved and griefed, whether admittance is there or not).

A DM could have run an event 60 seconds ago related to it and it still wouldn't matter, was one present during the raid? No.

This isn't targeting an individual, this is multiple cases. A warning to everyone.
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                      X