Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subfaction forum etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subfaction forum etiquette

Sorry if this is somewhere buried and I missed it. What is the proper etiquette for responding to items posted on subfactions directly within a subfaction thread and not in the general shared area. For instance Ryland is a Helmite and should obviously have knowledge of things posted within the Helm subfaction thread but what about the Triumvirate and CdG threads? Should those postings be considered knowledge that would be shared knowledge with the the other Aribiters members or should that be considered subfaction member only knowledge?

To date I have never responded to anything posted directly within the subfaction listing because it seems like it would subbfaction only and not shared knowledge even though I as a player can read it.

Thanks!
    Ashard Velmont - Gentleman scoundrel
    Ryland Padant - A dedicated soul

I met a similar issue, when I have my character go address the leader of the rangers and talk to him in his treefort, only to have druids become involved when it wasn't an open conversation right in front of the Keeper.

While I can see benefits in involving more people, I thought druids had their own caverns to do their shenanigans in.
    Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

I was trying to decide if it would be be proper for Ryland to speak to Darius about one of his letters in the Triumvirate subfaction forum? Not sure why I didn't ask that simple question instead of the long winded one before.
      Ashard Velmont - Gentleman scoundrel
      Ryland Padant - A dedicated soul

Comment

Unless you hang out in the Temple of the Triad, like, all day, I'd say don't assume to know the letters and conversations within (unless, you know, you're in the faction).
        Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I tend to go with the general assumption that unless I'm in the subfaction, or it's forwarded to my subfaction specifically - I don't know about it unless a player actually brings it up in-game. That's probably the safest assumption.
          Active
          Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
          Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Working...
          X