Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to my room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to my room?

This morning I went to pay my room rent, this being rent day. When I spoke to the innkeeper at the Thayan Enclave, I did not get the normal dialog with the option to renew the room. All I got was a single option, to terminate the dialog. I went to the room and put an item in the chest. I still had the key and it still worked. Then I saved my character and logged off.

When I logged back on an hour or so later, my key was removed on login and I had to use the lever to exit the room. I immediately went downstairs and spoke to the innkeeper and there were no rooms available.

Anybody know what happened?
    Cheers,
    Dave
    ================
    Tery Mard

That sounds very odd... I don't think that manner of dialog pops up even if you do have a room, uhh... Do you have an exact recording of what the innkeeper said? Or a rough estimate? I think that sort of thing would help Developers out in bug-hunting if that's what it is.
    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Sadly, I didn't take screen shots.
      The first dialog I got was just (I think) the last line of the normal dialog, the one where you just exit. I think the word was "Farewell", but can't be sure. When I returned, the dialog was normal, but there were no unoccupied rooms, including the one I'd just left.

Should I file a bug report? Or someone could transfer this if appropriate.
      Cheers,
      Dave
      ================
      Tery Mard

Comment

Its possible that your room expired while you were offline, then someone else rented the room. This would cause your room key to disappear from your inventory, and also make the room unavailable for rent.
        "Its not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." -Eliza

AKA YourMoveHolyMan ingame

Darius Blackwell - Sword of Torm

Comment

Damn, I hope this isn't a general bug, I paid all my rents before I went on vacation, I hope my rooms are there when I get back!

Comment

Originally posted by glaes View Post
            Its possible that your room expired while you were offline, then someone else rented the room. This would cause your room key to disappear from your inventory, and also make the room unavailable for rent.
            That's true, I suppose, but there was no opportunity to renew before I went offline. Neither the renewal dialog nor the normal dialog appeared. The first time, the only option available was to exit the dialog.

In short, I tried to renew before expiry but was not allowed to and then later lost the room entirely.
            Cheers,
            Dave
            ================
            Tery Mard

Comment

maybe this was really a bug and i do hope the developers can look at this so that your problem might be resolved soon.i guess your room did expire and maybe the option to renew got bugged. its very unfortunate that you had experienced this but i guess there are other players there who might have experienced the same thing as you did

Comment

Working...
              X